Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2016 Solo Pro Schools.  (Read 18226 times)

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Solo Pro Schools.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »
Always wanted to take the Extreme school, I've taken comp more times than I can count (but still learn lots every time I go). However for me personally committing to 2 days is a bit difficult, if Extreme was a 1 day I'd take it, if not, comp.

I'm a bit (ok, a lot) late to the party, but for the record I'm in the same boat as Tom -- I'd love to take an Extreme school, but can't justify two days away from home for it. Any chance you could do another "Comp Plus" school this year?
Stephen Hui

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 06:52:07 PM »
Always wanted to take the Extreme school, I've taken comp more times than I can count (but still learn lots every time I go). However for me personally committing to 2 days is a bit difficult, if Extreme was a 1 day I'd take it, if not, comp.

I'm a bit (ok, a lot) late to the party, but for the record I'm in the same boat as Tom -- I'd love to take an Extreme school, but can't justify two days away from home for it. Any chance you could do another "Comp Plus" school this year?

+1

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 08:18:29 AM »
This is an option to explore also.  Let's see how the interest pans out here and we'll see what we can set up.

R

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »
I'm in for whatever is offered. 2-day event works better for me because of the distance I have to travel.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 09:26:53 AM »
I'm still on the fence as I am out of town until just before this school in June.  I wouldn't be able to get to Saturday and I'm not sure I'm ready for Sunday. 
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
Work has been getting in the way of my play ... think I have to make my play my work instead!   :)

Anyway, I'm working on getting Tim here for the schools and I spoke with him on the phone a few minutes ago - so stay tuned.   

Also over the last couple or so years, I have been exploring other aspects of the sport and am planning on introducing more of the "mental game" of the sport (similar to sports psychology).  In other words, once you know the mechanics of driving (never mind car prep etc) and what you need to do, how do you put it together at the "big" event ... consistently?

The mental aspect of the sport is huge!  And, interestingly, it is a topic that is not much talked about except at the higher levels of racing and not always there either (I'm talking right up to and including F1!!!)!  Anyway, I have competed in sports (wrestling, various martial arts, gymnastics, skiing, etc. etc.) of one kind or another since I was young.  I have always enjoyed competition.  I am a competitor at heart.

There are a lot of parallels in various sports to the mental aspects of competitive driving/autox which are very interesting ... and effective.  Maybe the key word is "competition"?

We will spend some time on this mental aspect of the sport in the Comp + and/or Extreme (if offered) school this year.  So it WILL be different.  :)

There are also some other functional changes we are discussing with the SoloPro Schools so look for that in the near future.

Right now it is looking like we will do a conventional Intro (still tailored-to-you instruction which may mean if you are ready for more advanced concepts, that is what we will deal with) followed by a revised Comp+ school that will be a more advanced version of the regular Comp School ... dealing with more of the mental aspects of the sport and how to overcome those obstacles inside your head that are holding you back.

My goal, of course, is to help make each of you the best that you possibly can be!  I would also like to see our region a force to be reckoned with in the autocross world.  Seriously.  We can do this and be this!

Each school can handle 6, 12, 18, 24 etc. students so we will add instructors as needed to coincide with interest.

More info to come soon.

Reijo

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »
I'm off the fence...I may be in the dog house, but my wife will forgive me.  See you for Sunday!
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 09:33:16 PM »
haha ... good stuff!

I am sure you will not be disappointed!  :)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 06:31:38 AM »
The latest news for the SoloPro Schools at Fort Macleod:

1.  Tim has passed on more responsibilities to me for the Fort Macleod schools this year so I will be running it and will be responsible for what happens.

2.  We have a full (12) Intro School as of now and almost full (11) for the Comp+ School.

3.  Currently there are 4 interested in an Extreme School which is not quite enough to make it work.  However, have no fear, we will ramp up the Comp School to a more advanced level .... Comp+ in order to give us more to "chew on" and to develop our driving ability further up the scale! 

4.  Those with deposits for an "Extreme School only", email me to let me know if will take the Comp+ School instead (Sunday only) and I will keep track of that.  rase_usa (at) yahoo (dot) com  Full credit or refund will be issued if requested.

5.  Instructors:  Jeff Janzen of Winnipeg and Reijo - confirmed.

6.  The Intro will be similar to past years, unless we happen to work with you individually (like normal) on slightly more advanced topics if need be.

7.  Comp+:  Jonn Renay, an NLP coach,  will give a presentation on the "Mental Game" and then will work with us individually throughout the day.  I have met with him every week or two or so over the last couple of years to put together a program about how to deal with the mental stresses of competition and how to perform at your best and more when it counts ... when "the world is falling apart".  It is a key to performing to the best of your abilities and actually applies to life in general.   It is really good stuff, imho.

8.  The deposits close May 15 and by then we will have the costs figured out and the final payments will known and due.  Tim is not coming this year unless we get a sudden influx of students so that will save us a bit of money due to taxes etc.

9.  The Comp+ course design will be new this year with a more "National Style/Speed" layout and more emphasis on the Competition aspects (in lieu of the Extreme factors).

More news to come soon.

We will have waiting lists for the schools in case there are any drops, of course. 

R

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
I put a deposit for two days of extreme, you can move it over to the comp+.

I was hoping for 2 days of school though

Tim isn't coming this year?  :(

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 07:42:06 AM »
Yeah, Tim is badly tied up with work although I tried to convince him to come.

I will move your deposit over, Nick.  If you want, you could consider the Intro as well and basically double your seat time and it also gives us time to work with you more.....well waiting list right now I guess.  Sometimes I think it almost doesn't matter which schools you take for the most part as long as you are there and get the feedback so you have something to work on.

It almost feels like we don't have enough events between now and then (June 11) for seat time etc....   Wonder what Montana events are available ... Edmonton, Saskatoon etc.???   Hmmmm

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 08:22:43 AM »
Well put me down on the wait list for intro for now and I will book a room, if it doesn't open up I will just come down on the Saturday and meet you guys at the pub

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »
There are two people on the Intro wait list but still room in the Comp+ school.   The deposits will come to an end on May 15 (they were there more to get an idea of interest and how we will structure the weekend.  Depending on how I structure the payments etc., I may extend that date for a bit as a matter of convenience etc.  Stay tuned.

After the 15th or before I will have the budget ready and we'll know the exact price per day.  I am anticipating a slight rise due to increasing costs at the border if we have to bring in an instructor from the US.

So if you are interested, be sure to put a deposit down soon so we know if we need another instructor or not.   The rest will be due probably June 1.

Reijo

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 04:47:04 PM »
I know I'd threatened to cancel, but I've changed my mind about changing my mind and I will be there for both days of the school. So, you've been warned.  ???
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Blee007

• Not Quite DFL...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »
Hi there, I'm not an SASC member but I signed up for the Solo Pro school. I haven't heard anything about the school after i paid my deposit and am wondering what's happening with this event? When do I have to pay the remainder?

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11444
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12