Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2016 WCMA REGIONAL AUTOSLALOM SERIES  (Read 14882 times)

zero10

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 WCMA REGIONAL AUTOSLALOM SERIES
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 06:24:01 PM »
Sorry I was a day late opening general registration for the July 3 event!  I'll leave it open until 8pm SATURDAY JULY 2 to make up for this!
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 08:51:54 PM »
The second event in our 2016 series is coming up this weekend. We're back at the Westerner in Red Deer as the CSCC hosts event #2. Online registration is available here:

http://msreg.com/2016CSCCEVENT3
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
A big thumbs up to the RDSCC for hosting the first regional series event last weekend and for arranging terrific weather as well. I will have regional scores prepared as soon as possible, but in the mean time, please congratulate our top finishers for the day and winners of prize coupons from TalonTire.com:

FTD Raw: Tom K, Nissan GT-R (SSM)
FTD PAX: Stephen H, Mini Cooper (DS)

Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
Oh poop. Life is taking over. I won't be able to make it July 3rd after :( good luck to all attending.

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 09:51:09 PM »
That is too bad, at least there are 2 more events in FM on the 27th and 28th so you can meet the minimum 3 events for the WCMA championship.

Hey Jim, any updates on the results for the 26th. Did you end up taking the best run for the morning, or the best of the first 3 runs in the end?

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 11:09:56 AM »
I haven't calculated the regional results yet, though I did receive the data. Hoping to get to it today or tomorrow. I'm thinking to use only the first three runs, since that was what was announced at the driver's meeting.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »
Results from Event 1 are ready! I had to make a couple corrections for classing, but I think that all is correct. Congratulations to all the class leaders; we had 34 competitors at this first event.

Note: There was some confusion regarding which runs were considered "official" because at the driver's meeting it was announced that only the first 3 runs were counting, but the morning heats had 5 runs per group. I want to clarify that for scoring purposes, only the first three runs were considered official runs for regional series points.

See the current standings here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8c1lMbmdlQ1hMN0U/view?usp=sharing

There are two regional series events scheduled for July. The next event is coming up this weekend 03-July, also at the Red Deer Westerner location and hosted by CSCC. Register online via msreg: http://msreg.com/2016CSCCEVENT3

Following that is event #3 hosted by QCMA in Regina on 31-July. Keep an eye on the QCMA facebook page for info on how to register. https://www.facebook.com/QCMA2012
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:29 PM »
A question was put to me recently about requirements for club membership at autoslalom events and what it means for the regional series. I'm posting my answer here because the topic can be confusing for newbies and even veterans. Hopefully this sheds some light on how WCMA club events are organized.

The big takeaway regarding club memberships is that most events are open to anyone - clubs will generally charge a premium for non-members to participate, but those non-members are welcome. Members-only events are rare, but do occur from time to time. Many people compete for years without ever taking out a club membership.

Think of the regional series as a "layer" of scoring on top of the regular event scoring. Each WCMA club runs a large number of events each season (usually about 10-12), and typically only one or two of them are designated as being in the regional series. So scoring and competition happen at several levels:

1. The individual event itself. There are winners of the various classes on that specific day and all participants regardless of membership affiliation are competing together. For some people, this is the only level of competition they are interested in and that's OK.

2. Club championships - Most clubs run a season-long championship where points are scored for each event and the championship winners are those with the most points in their class at the end. These club championships are generally only open to members of that club - that's who the series is for, their members. The clubs often have year-end dinners and trophies, paid for from the memberships.

3. Regional championship - This is the series that WCMA organizes. This works much the same as a club championship, but with a few more requirements. In addition to being a member of an affiliated club, competitors must compete in at least 3 events in the series to qualify and since each club runs no more than 2 regional events, members need to participate in events hosted by at least one other club besides their "home" club. That's a main reason for the series - to encourage people to visit other locations and meet with autocrossers outside their local club. The WCMA series provides cash prizes and trophies that are presented at the WCMA annual banquet in October of each year.

Competitors in the regional series must be a member of an affiliated club to qualify which means that one must be a member of one of the WCMA-affiliated clubs to receive points in the WCMA championship. Non-member competitors are of course welcome to come to any event and compete but without a club membership, they will be competing for fame and glory on that one day only and will not be included in the scoring for any championship series. Keep in mind that most annual club memberships are around $50 and pay for themselves in just a few events. If you're keen to compete for season championships and trophies, the way to do that is to join a club.

The current list of WCMA affiliated clubs that run autoslalom events is here:

http://www.wcma.ca/new/solosport/wcma-affiliated-autoslalom-clubs/

Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »
Got enough life stuff done to free up my Sunday, I'll be coming afterall.

NickST

• Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 09:45:33 PM »
Looks like a busy event; ~40 people are registered online

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 10:37:01 PM »
We could not get the S2k to fire up ... and work to do anyway so won't make it ... a bit disappointing. 

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 09:55:44 PM »
Thank you to the leaders and members of the Calgary Sports Car Club for hosting the second event in the WCMA regional autoslalom series on Sun 03-July at the Westerner in Red Deer. We had competitors from several different clubs present and some good competition. Just a few drops of rain that thankfully had the decency to wait until after the competitive runs were complete. A great day!

Season championship standings are now updated to include the results from event 2:

Congratulations to all competitors and especially to our Talon Tire FTD prize winners for this event:

FTD Raw: Ryan C, 986 Porsche Turbo (SSP)
FTD Pax: Cam W, 2004 Corvette Z06 (AS)

The coupons awarded are good for $80-$120 (depending on tire choice) from TalonTire.com.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »
Here are the series final results (barring any errors I've missed). Congratulations to the following trophy winners this season:

Street   
1. Cam Withell
2. Stephen Hui
3. Steffan Adam

Street Prepared   
1. Keith Montgomery

Street Mod   
1. Tom Kerns

Complete results are below. Green shaded entries are those competitors who qualified for trophies with 3 or more events.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 03:34:05 PM »
Those results only include two events. :)
Stephen Hui

rairdan93

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 04:56:48 PM »
Hey Jim! Matt R from the CSCC regional and Matthew R from the SASC regionals are the same person. I haven't seen the final results yet but by my calculations I should be ahead of Steffan. So I figure it might be the name thing because I registered for that one event as Matt. Sorry for being a pain. Thanks for all your hard work doing the scoring and putting the series together!
Matt #3  CAM-C  2005 Mustang GT

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11452
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10