Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 2016 WCMA REGIONAL AUTOSLALOM SERIES  (Read 14864 times)

teamkickinassphalt

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
2016 WCMA REGIONAL AUTOSLALOM SERIES
« on: May 10, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »
Good day all, just wondering if anyone would know where I can find a schedule for this years regionals. I have tried my faithful google, but alas no luck.
James:
The Pylon Whisperer

zero10

• View Profile
Re: 2016 WCMA REGIONAL AUTOSLALOM SERIES
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:43:46 PM »
As far as I know the WCMA regional series is not yet finalized.  I was approached by them to convert one of the CSCC events to a WCMA regional but there were some issues that needed to be resolved regarding the date they chose.  I am not sure if there were any other issues or if I'm the one holding it up, but hopefully we'll get things figured out soon!
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »
Yes, I'm still working on the schedule for the series. I have not heard back from a couple of the clubs yet and we have a couple options to work out for those that have contacted me. I'm hoping to get it done in a week or so.

Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 02:42:03 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the 2016 autocross season! Throughout western Canada, your WCMA clubs have a full season of events planned. There are autoslalom events within the region scheduled for every single weekend from now until October! A big thank you to all of the club officials, organizers and volunteers that make this possible. Their efforts are critical to keeping grassroots motorsport alive and thriving in western Canada.

I’m very pleased to be able to announce that we have a seven-event regional autoslalom championship series scheduled for 2016 and that we have some improvements to the sponsorship and cash prize pool for this year.

SCHEDULE

Here is our 2016 WCMA Regional Autoslalom Championship schedule:

26 Jun - RDSCC - Red Deer Westerner
03 Jul - CSCC  - Red Deer Westerner
31 Jul - QCMA - Regina
27/28 Aug - SASC - Ft. Macleod (2 days scored)
17/18 Sep - WSCC Winnipeg (2 days scored)

This gives us a total of 7 scored days for the 2016 championship. Competitors will need a minimum of 3 events and will be scored on their best 3 events.

I have created and will endeavor to maintain two Google Calendars for this season. The first contains all events from all WCMA clubs and the other has just the Regional championship dates. Event organizers, please feel free to let me know (solosportdirector@wcma) of any changes to your schedules and I will update these calendars. Competitors, please confirm all dates with the hosting clubs just in case I've missed a change.

All Events:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=di2edvubl2n7r9274tie7q7mg4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Edmonton

Regional Championship:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=1v2nbs9okb49gb8vkpfmifa8vo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Edmonton

SPONSORSHIP

The sponsorship program from Talon Tire continues unchanged for this year. This program has 3 parts:

1. Gift coupons for top finishers at Regional events

For each scored event, we will have 2 Talon Tire coupons available for the top 2 finishers (FTD raw and FTD PAX). I will send the coupons out to each club to give away at the end of the competition day.

2. Rebate coupons

All members of WCMA affiliated clubs are eligible to claim a rebate coupon from Talon Tire. The value of the rebate varies from $50 - $100 depending on the purchase. The coupon is downloadable here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8ekVod3RpdzdSR09RWUNkR0p6YlJSYnhmY18w/view?usp=sharing

3. Contingency program

The Talon Tire contingency program is available to members of all WCMA club. Rules on the contingency program are in the document below. Simplified, the program is: Run Talon Tire stickers on your car and claim $6 - $22 per podium win in your class during the season.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8Z09qb1ZmZHJhVm5jQ0ppZFVQbHhFN3E5MHBF/view?usp=sharing

Club members can combine one Talon Tire Gift Certificate with a Talon Contingency claim and a tire manufacturer’s Rebate coupon.

Complete rules for the redemption of the Talon Tire Coupons are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64v-WnLWmt8OFJhMmluQ0ZRVlU/view?usp=sharing

CASH PRIZES & TROPHIES

For 2016, we will again feature cash prizes for the Championship class winners. The trophies will be awarded on the same basis as in previous years based on the number of competitors in each superclass and the trophy cost will be paid by WCMA. The cash prizes for the class (superclass) winners will come from the $5/entry levies from the events. That is, ALL of the levies paid by competitors will go into the cash prize pool and be awarded back to the winners. The more entrants in regional championship events we have, the larger the cash pool will be.

I’m committed to helping all of the clubs and competitors in the region to get the most out of this autoslalom season, so if there is anything that I can do or WCMA can help you with, please contact me at solosportdirector@wcma.ca
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

NickST

• :|
  • Life is like a box of corners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:00:59 AM »
I actually wanted to try and make at least 3 of these events, but the CSCC one falls on Canada Day long weekend... and the WSCC and QCMA ones conflict with regular events for the SASC championship schedule.

Have to decide if I want to cut my Canada Day vacation short

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »
I'm skipping this coming cscc weekend (they killed Sunday as a points day) in favour of taking up the WCMA 3 events to see how I place in the championship :o

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 03:06:43 PM »
I usually sign up for events if I can get 2 days out of it, I don't care that much about points... just seat time and good company.

I am skipping all of the single day events this year, the only exception is there are a few CSCC events where the RDSCC runs the next day. It is just too much driving for single day events for me.

Looking forward to the 2 day test and tune though. Need to test of some new Koni's that are going in tomorrow!

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 08:21:53 PM »
It seemed harder than usual to get a good regional series calendar this year. Seemed like everything conflicted with something. I'm just happy to have scheduled as many events as we have. I think the old days of 2-day regionals being the norm are long gone, sadly.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

NickST

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 11:49:29 PM »
Well I shifted my vacation by a day so I can make 3  ;D

I would like to make it out to a Winnipeg or Regina event, it is too bad they conflict with our season

zero10

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 07:32:24 PM »
It seemed harder than usual to get a good regional series calendar this year. Seemed like everything conflicted with something. I'm just happy to have scheduled as many events as we have. I think the old days of 2-day regionals being the norm are long gone, sadly.

No kidding - I don't understand why but scheduling ANYTHING this year has been difficult.  When it came to booking days at Westerner it seemed like every single one had some kind of problem.  I had to juggle one compromise against another constantly.

Sorry the schedule is such a mess this year but let's try to make the best of it! :)

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »
As far as I could tell on the rdscc website, there is no preregister setup for their club. Is attendance limitations ever a problem and could make it so I wouldn't be able to attend the first WCMA event of the year?

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 09:57:51 AM »
You are correct, RDSCC does not use online registration. To date, attendance limits have never been a problem. I highly doubt that someone coming from out of town to compete would be turned away.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »
I'm pleased to announce that we've added another event to this series. SASC will be hosting events on Aug 27 & 28 and both will be scored in the series. So that's one more opportunity for you to participate in this series and build up your points total. At this time, I don't anticipate changing the scoring from the "best 3 events" format announced earlier.
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

zero10

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 09:20:32 AM »
I have just opened registration for members of WCMA affiliated clubs for the July 3 event!

http://msreg.com/2016CSCCEVENT3

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 02:14:41 PM »
A reminder for everyone that the first event in the 2016 series is coming up this weekend as RDSCC hosts the opening event at the Westerner venue in Red Deer on Sunday, June 26. RDSCC uses onsite registration (no online registration) so bring your completed registration and tech forms to the event between 8.00AM and 9.00AM.

Registration form: http://rdscc.ca/Portals/0/Documents/05-04-14%2C%20RDSCC%20Driver%20Registration%20and%20Release.pdf
Self-tech form: http://rdscc.ca/Portals/0/Documents/05-03-14%20SoloSport%20Vehicle%20Technical%20Self-Declaration.pdf

In addition to the invaluable WCMA series points you'll gain from the event, Talon Tire will be providing cash coupons for the top RAW and PAX finishers for the day (value varies from $70-$120 depending on tires purchased).

p.s. If you'd like some extra autox seat time, CSCC is also holding a practice event at the Westerner on Saturday, 25 June. Register here:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/cscc-practice-3-2016-06-25-westerner-park-calgary-sports-car-club-996543
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0