Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:54:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

8 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Packwood Champ. Tour - July 8-10  (Read 17978 times)

Mkelder

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: Packwood Champ. Tour - July 8-10
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
I've been searching around with no luck for Hoosiers, probably won't happen in time for Packwood at this point. My tire choice is similar to what Corvettes/Porsches like to run as well but often they don't run a square set and only a pair for sale here and there.

Without the Hoosiers I'm still happy with the way my car is behaving lately, if I can feel like I left as little time out on the course as a driver and put my car to it fullest then I couldn't be happier no matter where I place.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 12:40:00 AM »
Packwood is this week.  Is anyone caravaning?  When is everyone heading down?

I still have to sort out what, if anything, I am driving, place to stay (bring my tent just in case I think?), etc.    too much on my plate ... However the course design is done except for corner station maps which is minimal and course maps to print out ... setup maps to print etc. ... I spent some time on the course so I hope it works like I planned ... easy but yet not really.   :)

I have to be in Packwood early on Friday so I'm thinking I will leave early on Thursday and get there for Thursday evening ... before dark.  I might stay overnight Wed. night in Invermere since my bro has a home there.

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 12:49:36 AM »
281 entries as of right now ... I will be 282 I suppose ... so a little shy of 300.

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 10:39:31 AM »
Before I book a room for myself in Packwood - anyone want to share?  Cuts costs obviously.  Or if you do not have a room booked, let me know, asap.

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2016, 05:24:41 PM »
I assumed Packwood is all booked up and I myself is planning to bring camping gear to camp in a campsite near by. Now it seems like my GF might not be able to come and I might be sleeping under the roofs on site. If you do get a room and my GF isn't coming I would share for sure.

As it is, I'm having last minute mechanical issues to sort out before I leave for Packwood and seeing how much tread is left on my tires actually makes me worried more lol.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 05:51:26 PM »
You know you can camp on-site ... under the roof? ... cheap ... think the donation of $20 goes to a local charity.  It is nicely situated so you are dry on rainy days ... inside a large building...with the pits.  Only thing you have to watch for is where the pigeons perch themselves on the steel girders .. hang their rear out and dump their contents ... same with where you park your car.   ;)

However, I'll let you know what the situation is wrt accommodations etc.  When are you driving down?

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 06:41:58 PM »

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 09:39:14 PM »
Thanks for photos. Been watching vids too to try and not be overwhelmed by the different course designs big stateside venues square pads allow. I'm leaving Thursday night and camping close by in order to be there for full test and tune.

If the forecast holds up my bridgestones might get a break and have less wear due to the rain lowering speeds but sucks for tenting  ::)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 10:19:05 PM »
Thanks for photos. Been watching vids too to try and not be overwhelmed by the different course designs big stateside venues square pads allow. I'm leaving Thursday night and camping close by in order to be there for full test and tune.

If the forecast holds up my bridgestones might get a break and have less wear due to the rain lowering speeds but sucks for tenting  ::)

You're welcome!

The course design won't be much more devious than what you are seeing here locally.  I have done the Packwood course design this year!   LOL!   :)

However, we can get big turns in Packwood that we cannot see on a narrow runway.  Just think patience ... set the car and hold it there ... patiently.   :)

Lots of "white space" too ... so you have to find the right lines ... look ahead (always!) ... but also be mindful of marbles ... something we do not see much of here ... Come for a course walk with me ...

Reijo

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 10:26:14 AM »
Final entry count is 284 ... there may be a few drops and last minute additions (I know of some who are not in the list) ...

Weather!   Sounds like rain on Friday and Saturday with a possibility on Sunday.   Everyone be prepared with rain gear, umbrellas etc. etc.   

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/packwood-wa/98361/daily-weather-forecast/351343?day=6

My DS ride fizzled but now looking at ES MR2 ... might be a good choice for rainy conditions....to be confirmed.

I may be heading to Invermere and crash at the bro's place Wed.....then travel to Packwood on Thursday.  Need to be setting up the course on Friday morning early.  Don't  know if that works for convoying with anyone ... let me know.

Have a safe trip everyone!

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2016, 11:51:16 AM »
The Packwood Championship Tour is this coming weekend:  July 8-10 and the Pro is on the following weekend.

There are a number of us heading down to compete from Edmonton (Jim W. and Tom K.) and Calgary (Julie, Cam/Jess, Wayne, Matt K - Cranbrook, and myself ... either STR or ES it looks like ...

http://www.scca.com/events/1981896-2016-tire-rack-packwood-championship-tour

http://www.scca.com/events/1981916-2016-tire-rack-packwood-prosolo

Live results and streaming video will likely both be available both weekends with Kevin Dietz who is competing in STR in his S2000 living there.  Kevin set up the streaming video.

http://sololive.scca.com/

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2016, 12:07:15 PM »
Hmmm....weather forecast for Packwood has changed completely since yesterday afternoon ...  must be in the mtns eh?  hahaha....looking pretty good and in fact pretty hot Sunday! 

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/packwood-wa/98361/daily-weather-forecast/351343?day=11

PaulT

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »
Good luck to you all, hope to see some trophies come north....Hmmm do you have to pay duty on that??? HaHa
PaulT #202

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »
Good luck to you all, hope to see some trophies come north....Hmmm do you have to pay duty on that??? HaHa

Thanks!  And, no duty!  ;)  hahaha

Confirmed ... I'll be in the Ayers '6 STR Miata .. .pretty much fully prepared but in a tough class with Kevin Dietz (he was 2nd by something like 0.078 sec. over 2 days at Nats last year!) and others - should be a challenge and fun!

R

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 8