Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:45:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Lurkasaurus Rex  (Read 2161 times)

Tara

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
Lurkasaurus Rex
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »
Hi all!
I've been out to a few events in the past, figured it was time to create an account... mostly so I could see the sound log files from this past weekend, not gonna lie. Co-drove the green MR2 Spyder last weekend with my husband Ryan. We had to disable the variable valve timing and lift to keep it quiet enough. Time to put that new muffler on and stick a resonator somewhere in that tiny exhaust. I'll have my Celica GT4 at the next event - was waiting on parts.

It's always a blast to throw a car around a course, looking forward to the next two Calgary events!
Driver of that weird Celica

rdymond

• View Profile
Re: Lurkasaurus Rex
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »
Nice to hear from you Lurkasaurus! I was working sound station during the second run group. The only times the MR2 was hitting over 93 was when it was bouncing off the rev limiter and popping, that was loud. I think if you keep the engine off the red line the car is OK, but yeah, some sort of sound suppression would be helpful.
The "998", a '99 996 C4 swap w/ 6.2L LS3525 V8 & 96.50 Turbo transaxle
04 G35 MT6, 02 Boxster, 05 Brunton Super Stalker (7 replica) sold

Tara

• View Profile
Re: Lurkasaurus Rex
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 04:03:36 PM »
It's more than that - when it switches to the big cam it gets hilariously loud. We actually disabled the system so it was down on power with a lower redline.

That one jump to 97.6 db from the usual high eighties was when I let it hit lift.
Driver of that weird Celica

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11