Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

16 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: ND Miata  (Read 3596 times)

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
ND Miata
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:18:15 AM »
Thinking of buying an ND Miata, Been looking at the various models and to be honest its a no brainer, the GS or in the US I believe its called the Club. In the options list one can choose the Sport Package which includes Brembo Brakes and Recaro seats. If I choose this option is the car still classified as stock ?
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

E6Cueman

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • Delete All The Accounts
    • View Profile
    • [qr]GaraGe
Re: ND Miata
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 08:24:40 AM »
Thinking of buying an ND Miata, Been looking at the various models and to be honest its a no brainer, the GS or in the US I believe its called the Club. In the options list one can choose the Sport Package which includes Brembo Brakes and Recaro seats. If I choose this option is the car still classified as stock ?

I believe the sport package falls under the rules for street class.  But don't do it.

I think results from Lincoln show that it is clearly the top car for the current CS.  Hobbyist solo competitors need to make sure they always have a plausible reason for not earning the top result, and the ND drastically limits the amount of excuses you can fabricate.

;)

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »

I believe the sport package falls under the rules for street class.  But don't do it.

I think results from Lincoln show that it is clearly the top car for the current CS.  Hobbyist solo competitors need to make sure they always have a plausible reason for not earning the top result, and the ND drastically limits the amount of excuses you can fabricate.

;)

Dont do it !

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »
Be very careful about choosing options -- they must match the U.S. options exactly.  The Brembo brake package is definitely available in the states, but not the Recaro seats:

https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/mx-5-miata/specs

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:05 AM »
Thanks for the input. Im puzzled why it needs to line up with the US cars. Its a stock car with Canadian factory options. Are you suggesting that if a new comer turned up with this car, fresh from the dealer he wouldn't be eligible to run in C Street. I find that hard to believe.  :(

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
Because you will never be legal when you run in the U.S., and there is a lot of good racing to be had south of the border.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 10:13:26 AM »
OK, I understand, so the cars legal here in Canada, but illegal in the US, Got it.  ;D

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 03:28:13 AM »
If it is just the seats, you can easily swap them out (with a number having gone to STR .... where it is not a problem btw, there must be a number of the stock US seats available from those who have swapped them out).   Also if there is no weight advantage, they may be considered a luxury/convenience  item ... so something to look into.

News:

https://www.mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayRacerStoryView?source=STORY&uniqueId=10322&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&button=y

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 03:41:57 AM »
In Canada it appears that you get the leather Recaro seats with the Brembo pkg vs. the cloth seats in the US.  The leather will be heavier I am thinking (like usually is the case) than the cloth seats ... and more slippery so it may still be US/SCCA legal. ... more research to do.

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »
If it is just the seats, you can easily swap them out (with a number having gone to STR .... where it is not a problem btw, there must be a number of the stock US seats available from those who have swapped them out).   Also if there is no weight advantage, they may be considered a luxury/convenience  item ... so something to look into.

News:

https://www.mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayRacerStoryView?source=STORY&uniqueId=10322&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&button=y

Thanks for the link Reijo.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online