Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

17 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Nov 6 YYC6 Yes! We are  (Read 7500 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Nov 6 YYC6 Yes! We are
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 09:53:00 AM »
It has come to my attention (and I noticed for that matter) that some people were leaving early and not working the last heat (and even during the 1st runs/heats for that matter).

This, obviously, is not in the interests of anyone participating since we rely on volunteers to help during events to make them run properly.  We could run "professional" events with paid workers but, rest assured, the pay for the workers would have to come from somewhere, namely your entry fees.  I know that would work for some people but for the rest of us, it is better to put in some time ourselves to keep the cost of running down as much as possible.

However, these are not "professional" events.  We all need to pitch in.

In the future I suggest that a new position for "worker check-in" should be instituted (just like the bigger events down south and especially the SCCA Tours/Pros and Nats) to ensure everyone is out working as they should be.

No work, no times is the other part of the equation and maybe other measures. 

It is sad to have to impose such things but as events get bigger they are a "necessary evil" as many of us know.

Cheers,

Reijo

Tara

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 11:01:47 AM »
That sounds completely reasonable to me.
I noticed as well, and with a course as large as the one last weekend, we definitely need all hands on deck.

Some kind of check-in that just uses car number would probably work well enough. It would also provide opportunity to ensure the entire course is covered.
Driver of that weird Celica

DannyO

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
  • Attack the road ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2016, 11:44:13 AM »
Finally signed up to say Thanks to all those that help make this happen, these events have been great, and this last one was a nice cherry to put on top of this cake, especially them being in Calgary.

My tires were NOT happy after the last event ;D but now it gives me more reason to ditch these skinny tires and get some nice chunky ones.

I hope we can do more, but even when the weather turns into actual Winter, would it be a possibility to run in the snow/slush in the same parking lot?

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17