Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Results for November 6, 2016 event at YYC  (Read 4680 times)

colin3

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
Re: Results for November 6, 2016 event at YYC
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 10:59:47 AM »
Thanks for posting the results! I'm wondering if we can get an "afternoon only" result set please? I swapped tires from RE71R to Pilot Super Sports in the afternoon so I'm trying to get a feel for how good the Super Sports really are (and they are good) but you can't win an autox with them. Plus some of your top drivers were not on their prime tire so that put me more on par with the tires run that day.

For those that don't know me, I'm Colin, from Edmonton and Saskatoon. I've been around for a looong time in a few different cars over the years. :) I was driving the (much dented) silver RX-8 in the first run group. It is an STX car but I didn't have time to swap the catalytic converter back in or break apart the intake so DSP it was.

Driving at this venue reminded me of the great old days of autox and how I fell in love with the sport. I look forward to attending more events next year at this place.

Videos with Data Overlay:
4th run on morning course with RE71R: 63.217+1 https://youtu.be/whyyt6Nvb0w
4th run on afternoon course with Pilot Super Sport: 61.641+1 https://youtu.be/meYZckqnvks
Colin Puttick

Stuart

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 11:29:22 AM »
For those that don't know me, I'm Colin, from Edmonton and Saskatoon. I've been around for a looong time in a few different cars over the years. :) I was driving the (much dented) silver RX-8 in the first run group. It is an STX car but I didn't have time to swap the catalytic converter back in or break apart the intake so DSP it was.

Now I regret not swinging past to see my old car compete. 

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »
http://members.shaw.ca/murray.autocross/2016/2016_11_06__scores-afternoon.txt

I will also update the first post with links to all 3 sets of scores.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 12:04:28 PM »
Video of my best morning run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjoInj0Jki0&feature=youtu.be

Not a very good run; under driven and way too much "phoning it in".  Compare my times to Stephen H's in the morning to see how bad it was.  I did finally pick it up in the afternoon, but only on my last run.
2017 Miata (C Street)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 12:07:35 PM »
Thanks for posting the results! I'm wondering if we can get an "afternoon only" result set please? I swapped tires from RE71R to Pilot Super Sports in the afternoon so I'm trying to get a feel for how good the Super Sports really are (and they are good) but you can't win an autox with them. Plus some of your top drivers were not on their prime tire so that put me more on par with the tires run that day.

For comparison, Stephen and I were on a set of 3 year old Rivals (1st generation).  They just slid around until we could get a bit of heat into them.

Driving at this venue reminded me of the great old days of autox and how I fell in love with the sport. I look forward to attending more events next year at this place.

HAppy to see you made it down, and it will be great to see you down more next year.  Sorry that Jo and I didn't make it up to Edmonton this year, but our cross-Canada trip ate up most of our racing season.
2017 Miata (C Street)

DannyO

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
  • Attack the road ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »

FWIW, I was the 2004 STI and was running on 215 width Super Sports and got the following.

Day 1 Set 1  66.300      64.628     (63.475)     64.034   
Day 1 Set 2  62.169     (61.057)     61.323      61.679

Was happy to get a 4th place finish (in RAW), but after checking my vids, I could see that by the 2nd or 3rd run, I was starting to remove chunks of tire, so do wonder what kinda time I potentially lost. I love the Super Sports, they are a very capable tire, although I'm gonna move to the RE71R for Autocross in the future.

JamesTCallaghan

• That cone is still in the box!
  • If you aren't hitting any cones, try harder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 06:45:26 PM »
I was on still fresh Hankooks (new in August with one wet auto x practice day and one dry auto x day and 2500km of street driving) and placed 9th in RAW. What's more scary is the Laggin Wagon, which is running on RE-71R tires picked out of a tire pile that were used on Murrays car originally and since then have been used for 2-3 auto x and street driving, which are literally bald across the tread surface still have a lot more turn in and lateral grip than fresh Hankooks on a similar chassis  :o

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 07:31:32 PM »
What's more scary is the Laggin Wagon, which is running on RE-71R tires picked out of a tire pile that were used on Murrays car originally and since then have been used for 2-3 auto x and street driving, which are literally bald across the tread surface still have a lot more turn in and lateral grip than fresh Hankooks on a similar chassis  :o

I must have heat cycled those tires properly :P
2017 Miata (C Street)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online