Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:42:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

19 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: AGM Documents  (Read 172 times)

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
AGM Documents
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:20:36 AM »
For those that were unable to attend the AGM this past Sunday we thought we'd share some of the documents for members to have a look through.

Presidents Report

2016 was a good year for the SASC that saw some up’s and downs.

The SASC once again hosted for the 6th consecutive year a winter driving school to benefit the public. Thanks largely in part to Reijo as well as many other club executives and club members who volunteered their time to make these schools happen. We hosted 6 schools this past winter helping 142 students to hopefully become better and safer drivers on the roads. These schools have become very popular over the years but could face challenges going forward due to potential changes in ASN Insurance. Provided we go ahead with these schools we look to you, the SASC members, to volunteer your time and help with these schools, it’s a great way of giving back to the community and is tons of fun.

Earlier in the year there was a threat of losing the Fort Macleod Airport venue in the town of Fort Macleod due to some complaints from previous years. Thanks to the hard work of Wayne, Reijo, Cam, Quentin, Andrew and others we were able to meet with the town council, explain to them what our club is and what the sport of autocross is and convince them to let us continue using the venue. We listened to their concerns (noise before 10:00am, noise in general, stunting on public roads, no port-a-potties etc.) and came up with solutions to all of these concerns. Towards the end of the season we met once again with town council and they informed us that they were very pleased with that we’ve done. We also hosted a Fort Macleod Appreciation day on October 1st to give ride a longs to locals and a free lunch as our way of saying thank you.

Earlier this season the SASC, in coordination with SoloPro hosted an Intro and Competitive autocross school which continually helps to develop our drivers.
This was also the first year that the SASC rented a booth at the beyond.ca Driven show (thanks to Joe and James for lending their cars). The booth helped spread the word about our club and what we do. Perhaps related, 2016 was a great year for club participation and club membership, we had a very substantial, and nearly 100% increase in membership from 34 in 2015 to 65 in 2016 (including multi-person family memberships).

The club also had very strong representation at Packwood, Washington for the Solo National Tour and in Lincoln, Nebraska for the Solo Nation Championship with quite a few club members finishing very well at both events.

This year also saw the addition of a venue right here in Calgary. Thanks to Reijo, we were able to secure a very nice lot near the airport and successfully hosted 6 events there, though venue rental costs at this location are substantially higher than other venues the location being right here in Calgary saw huge turnouts (496 participants total).
I won’t get into too much detail regarding solo2 but this season saw a massive 885 participation days between Fort Macleod and YYC, this doesn’t include the SASC/CSCC Joint Championship events hosted by the CSCC in Red Deer. It was a busy season of autocross. 

Some of the changes the club instituted this year included: Port-a-potties at the Fort Macleod and YYC events, Sound Pressure Level Monitoring and monthly Club Meetings during the summer and fall.

Next year hopefully we can continue to grow this club and shape it into a better, more organized club that continues to produce some very talented drivers. In order to do that we need to make sure the following happens:

- More volunteers: Organizing, preparing, setting up and taking down of events is a tremendous amount of work and guys like Cam, Jess, Tom (from Lethbridge) and Reijo move mountains in order to get the events to work. We need folks to step up to executive and steward positions as well as simply helping out.
- Better organization: Though I believe we did quite well with regards to the YYC events there is definitely room for improvement, stewards, people to help set up and take down, pre-assigning of work assignments, teching helmets and cars etc. etc. 
- Continuing the initiatives we implemented this year, monthly meetings, SPL monitoring, port-a-potties etc.

Reijo, Andrew & Joe if you could please post the Solo-2 Report, Financial Bar Chart & Minutes respectively.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: AGM Documents
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:34:13 AM »
SASC AGM Solo and Winter School reports (one document)

Joe-G

• That cone is still in the box!
  • DNF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 11:23:45 AM »
I should have the minutes posted and distributed by tonight.

Tara

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »
Great to see the amazing work being done by such a great crew.

I'd definitely be interested in volunteering my time with the group as well as my skills - I'm a graphic designer.
Driver of that weird Celica

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
Thanks Tara!

Our next club meeting is at the Glenmore A & W (autocircle) just off of Glenmore Trail on the east side of Deerfoot Trail on Tues. Dec. 13/16 at 7:30 pm.  If you have the time, please come out!

Reijo

Joe-G

• That cone is still in the box!
  • DNF
    • View Profile
2016 SASC AGM Meeting Minutes
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »
Minutes attached.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454