Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: *PRELIMINARY* 2017 SOLO SCHEDULE  (Read 5241 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: *PRELIMINARY* 2017 SOLO SCHEDULE
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 08:28:29 AM »
Yes, I have contacted Jim W. about the two-day WCMA on June 17/18 .... as discussed in the meeting.

Jim does not have any schedules from any other clubs yet.  But he did not see a problem with having a 2-day WCMA event that weekend ... so we are on.

R

Apex Carver

• Global Moderator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • I Drive Like I'm New Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »

As for the championship points, somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we were planning to use your best 7 events, however you MUST have at least 2 events from each venue (Fort Macleod, YYC, Red Deer).

Correct, we tentatively determined that if we had 12 championship events (4 @ each venue) we would go with best 7/12, minimum 2 at each venue

(Fort Macleod/Calgary/Red Deer) to qualify.
Chris S. #86

zero10

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 09:07:27 AM »
Should we update the schedule then?  It shows the June weekend as being a challenge event with the WCMA regional in August right now.
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 09:37:38 AM »
Should we update the schedule then?  It shows the June weekend as being a challenge event with the WCMA regional in August right now.

Yes ... have to make that change - DONE!

Thanks,

R

Mkelder

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »
At first I was dissapointed with the early in the season placement of this year's school but see why as the CND nationals is awefully early in the season as well and it makes sense to have the school ahead of that.

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »
Correct, we tentatively determined that if we had 12 championship events (4 @ each venue) we would go with best 7/12, minimum 2 at each venue

Any idea when this will be decided? If there are 12 championship events, does that mean that both days of the two-day events at YYC will count?

Speaking purely selfishly for myself, I won't be able to come out as often this year, and definitely won't be able to make both days on any given weekend, so I'd prefer a smaller number of championship events and not to have weekends where both days count.
Stephen Hui

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 02:08:55 AM »
At first I was dissapointed with the early in the season placement of this year's school but see why as the CND nationals is awefully early in the season as well and it makes sense to have the school ahead of that.

Usually the Cdn. Nationals has been a couple of weeks before the SCCA Nationals (1st week of September) but this year the VCMC decided to make it the week before the Packwood Tour and Pro so conceivably someone could do all two or three events in one sweep or so went the reasoning.  Packwood is around 5 hrs drive south (more or less) of Vancouver.

The SoloPro has traditionally been held at mid-end of May or early June so people can get a bunch of seat time in and get on the "right track" and shake off the winter rust.  We used to try and avoid the May long weekend due to Knox Mtn. but noticed that that was not as much of a conflict as before and I think it works out pretty good for travel time etc. and still have an extra day off.

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 02:12:32 AM »

Any idea when this will be decided? If there are 12 championship events, does that mean that both days of the two-day events at YYC will count?

Speaking purely selfishly for myself, I won't be able to come out as often this year, and definitely won't be able to make both days on any given weekend, so I'd prefer a smaller number of championship events and not to have weekends where both days count.

This was decided at the last executive meeting.  All of the days count as a single event except practice events.  We may be adding more practice days and maybe an event or two at a new venue, plus the 5 or so at the Westerner so there are more events than ever to choose from to get 7 events in, min. of 2 per venue (in order to get people to try the various venues ... except the new one - tba).

As for Fort Macleod, the time limit for the comments from the public expired on Saturday, Feb. 25, so I imagine we will hear very soon after the council meeting on Monday, Feb. 27 ... so any day I would imagine.  There are no minutes on their web site since Jan. 23/17 as of right now ...

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »
We have our permit for Fort Macleod. Just have to get insurance.

Reijo

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »
We have our permit for Fort Macleod. Just have to get insurance.

Hooray!  Thanks for your hard work Reijo.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »
Thanks but really, Wayne and Tom (?) went down to Fort Macleod and did the applications etc. this time!  Team work is working out!

The season is quickly coming together!   :)

Reijo

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 01:06:39 PM »
Just double checking, there is an event scheduled at FM on Sunday 04-June, but not on the previous day Sat 03-June. Is that correct?
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2017, 01:57:57 PM »
Just double checking, there is an event scheduled at FM on Sunday 04-June, but not on the previous day Sat 03-June. Is that correct?

Yes, there was less desire among the executive to have 2-day events down in Ft. Macleod this year.  I thought the practices on Saturdays were worthwhile but not everyone felt the same for some good reasons on their part.  However we have more events at the YYC/Budget lot this year (10) so that more than makes up for the dates ... plus another potential venue I'm working on (just got off the phone as a matter of fact ... but may be a while before I hear back from there) ... and more potential "practice" events at YYC during weekday evenings that we are still looking at ...

So actually a lot happening this year .... going to be an epic one I think!

Reijo

majormojo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 08:05:45 PM »
Thanks Reijo, I agree it's a good full schedule this year. I was just checking because the FM events were all 2-days in previous years. Thanks for your effort!
Jim W, #24
WCMA Licensing Director

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11444
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0