Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:45:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

17 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: New radios  (Read 636 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
New radios
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
I tried an experiment with the new Motorola radios (the small green ones) this weekend, and did not charge them on Saturday night.  I did this because I know that the older Midlands would last 2 days with no problem, and the new ones have a bigger battery (800 mAh for new ones, 700 mAh for old ones).

They lasted fine, but I have to admit that they are a pain in the butt.  They start complaining about a low battery within 30 minutes of being turned on, even after a full charge.  And some of them turn themselves off for the same reason, but if you turn them back on, they then show 50% battery.  Not what I expected from a Motorola product.  The one in the timing trailer did the same thing (turned itself off), and I had replaced the OEM battery pack with a 2300 mAh unit, so it's not a problem with the batteries.

So, what should we do now?  They are functional, and last for 2 days without a charge, but it sure would be nice if we could find something that works without beeping at you constantly.

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0