Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SOLD: 1984 honda CRX low mileage with cage - cheap  (Read 718 times)

CRX Don

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
SOLD: 1984 honda CRX low mileage with cage - cheap
« on: March 22, 2017, 07:16:29 PM »
1984 honda CRX

82xxxkm on body
approx 100,000km on engine
roll cage
not a rust bucket, but not a show car either
Cheap at $2450obo

All race cars have history, so here's the short story on this little honda:
This CRX was converted from a street car to race at race city in 1991 by a racer up in Edmonton. He put in the cage, a 1500cc engine, lightened flywheel, weber carb, some suspension improvements and stripped the interior. It only raced at RC one season, then was used for some autocross, but mostly just sat in storage for many years. Eventually a neighbor bought it as a father and son project. Dad is a licensed mechanic who got the car back on the road for his son, but sonny didn't like such a small car so he put it up for sale after a couple months of driving it. I bought it a few years ago with some sketchy plans to take it racing, but it has mostly been used as a shelf in my garage with occasional sporting drives. Now it's time to let someone else have a chance at this car. Everyone's procrastination to go racing has kept this car from wearing out.

What's good:
- This is the smallest and lightest CRX.
- Finding a CRX of this vintage is difficult, and finding one with this kind of low mileage and a solid body is next to impossible.
- The whole package is about what the cage would cost you.
- The guy from Edmonton who last raced this car remembers it fondly and said it handled very neutrally and was a lot of fun.
- Last registered in Alberta in 2016.
- Glass is good, windshield is like new.
- Two racing seats: sparco evo and corbeau (plus a spare honda seat).

What's bad:
- It's a bit ugly: paint is faded flat black. Trim is imperfect or missing in some places. Interior is stripped. Smells vaguely like cheese. Your grifriend will probably hate it.
- The weber carb makes it tricky to start in winter. Not impossible, just tricky. In summer it starts no problem.
- One small rust hole in floor pan. Otherwise the body looks solid.
- Radio doesn't work. If you care you're probably looking at the wrong car.
- Bodywork shows some ripples after a repair to a back corner. Not awful, just not pretty. Hood is slightly dented from someone forgetting to put the hood pins in. Wasn't me.

What it needs:
- Wheels and tires. The CRX comes with some 16" wheels and tires that are really a bit too big for the car. But wheels and tires are cheap and plentiful for this car. I have some used 15" RE71Rs that I can throw in for a little extra. Or some 15" Champiro street tires like new.
- If you are going to road race it you will need updated safety equipment. For example, harness is out of date, kill switch is wrong and window net is missing.
- Driver's seat is mounted to the floor because I am very tall. Chances are you will need to remount the seat to fit you.

How do I see it?
- I live in Invermere, so you will need to drive out here to see the car. A pleasant 3 hour drive from Calgary.

Thanks for reading this ad. You can contact me at "csds at shaw dot ca"

CRX Don

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
Re: SOLD: 1984 honda CRX low mileage with cage - cheap
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
Car is sold

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11443
  • Total Topics: 1569