Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

16 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for April 16 practise event at YYC  (Read 11690 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Re: Scores for April 16 practise event at YYC
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »
Here is why the arguments get started:
https://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/autoslalom-results/2011-event-5-preliminary-results/msg55467/#msg55467

Someone got out-PAXed by a person that he beat in raw time (same class).  A fun forum time was had by all :)
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Robp201

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 09:41:08 AM »
Hey Murray.
Thanks for posting.
Am I not seeing where is is just classes ( I just wanted to see the results of just the HS class only) not sure if that's doable.
Thanks again for all you guys do!!!

It's doable, but not easily -- I would need to re-group everyone and then re-score and re-publish.  We do not normally have enough cars in individual classes to be of any use, so we group them together (e.g. all street classes together in a STREET group).

It is easy enough for you to extract the results for just one class, since all of the results are order correctly.  e.g. William D placed first in HS, then Rob P, and so on down to Edwin C.

Nope lets keep it easy for you :)
I will extract them no problems at all!! Thanks again for everything!

SpdDmn

• Not Quite DFL...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 10:17:57 AM »
Hey Murray I don't see any times for 367 (Blue Forester) Co driving with 167

I checked the timing data, and no such driver number ever had a run.

We did clarify with the start box guy whether it was #167 or #367 doing the run, but I'll make sure to fix up my number set to be more clear next time (not to mention have a resonator welded in, and perhaps change my axleback...!)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 10:22:04 AM »
I remember now -- the numbers on the car showed 3/167, so your co-driver was marked down as number 3 on all the runs (and as driving a Corvette).

2017 Miata (C Street)

SpdDmn

• Not Quite DFL...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
Ack, sorry about that! I like the single extra magnetic digit some guys had, much clearer for each co-driver.

Thanks Murray!

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »
Even with painter's tape, a "1" to add or remove is the easiest way.  You could have run with 167 and 1167.  Or 167 and 1671.

2017 Miata (C Street)

ZiG

• Locost 7 #303
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 12:58:01 PM »
I had been telling the new guy at my marshalling station that if he ever co-drives, keep an extra piece of tape to cross out whichever number wasn't active. Just move it back and forth.

Speaking of numbers, loving my magnetic set I had printed. Highly recommend.

Another option for those not wanting to stick masking tape on their paint: https://www.amazon.ca/Moroso-35581-Race-Write-Marker/dp/B001P29TAE I used it all last year and it was great. Available locally at Mopac. Only problem is your windows have to be tinted or it won't be visible.

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
I see under mbr (member, right?) it shows no for me (#76), I did pick up a membership when I was signing up for this, where in the process do I get marked down for timing as a member.  I remember seeing it somewhere, but didn't see it when I signed up for the next event.

Thanks, John

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
The details of membership, rookie, etc. are handled at check-in in the morning.  Make sure the person doing check-in gets the details correct.
2017 Miata (C Street)

jopete

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
Sorry!  I assumed that membership yes/no and rookie yes/no were done in MSReg - I'll start checking them more carefully.  Got lazy on Sunday - so next time, have your license and membership card ready!
Jo Peterson
2017 Mazda MX-5 GS red, #105

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
I swear there was a spot to put your member number in at the registration site too, and it said to put in tbd if you didn't have it yet (I bought both a membership and Sunday's registration at the same time), I didn't see the same thing when I registered for the 29th.

John

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »
We export a report from MSR and import it into the timing software.  It has a yes/no question for rookie, so that flag is correctly handled.  However, the software import doesn't know how to handle the various responses for member ship number (such as "pending because I just bought it").

The major thing to remember is that you need to verify your info at check-in time.  If you don't get it right then, it won't be right when the scores get calculated.
2017 Miata (C Street)

Robp201

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 09:55:46 PM »
Not a big deal but I noticed I only got 4runs recorded. I'm not worried but did I do something wrong? I know I took 5 runs.
(Car #201)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 05:12:35 AM »
Not a big deal but I noticed I only got 4runs recorded. I'm not worried but did I do something wrong? I know I took 5 runs.
(Car #201)

You will notice that your co-driver got 6 runs, so one of them is yours.  At some point, timing got the wrong number at the start line.

It's important to have the correct driver number on both sides of the car for every run.
2017 Miata (C Street)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:26 AM »
(Car #201)

You will notice that your co-driver got 6 runs, so one of them is yours.  At some point, timing got the wrong number at the start line.

It's important to have the correct driver number on both sides of the car for every run.

Something to note:  If you have the wrong nos. on your car at a bigger event, your run will be DSQ.  How can you get that right?  Practice getting the numbers changed over properly at the local events ... .either put a piece of tape over the "other" number or better yet have permanent magnetics or kling-on vinyl numbers and change them every run.   'tis a good habit to cultivate....and especially more so as our events get bigger locally.   :)

R

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16