Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:53:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Help needed for Friday and Saturday - set up and schools.  (Read 2830 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Help needed for Friday and Saturday - set up and schools.
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:22:54 AM »
Hi all,

We hope to be setting up on Friday afternoon again, so if you are available, let me know and we'll arrange a time to get over to YYC and set up the courses for Saturday.   It took almost exactly 2 hrs. to pick up the cones and equipment from storage last time ... and there is plenty of daylight.  I'm thinking the course may be slightly easier to set up this time (I could be wrong.   :)  ).....but still around 2 hrs.

We will also need help instructing the BMW school (need more senior/expert drivers/instructors for this since we are dealing with some very experienced people although perhaps not in autox, although some will be new to performance driving).

We will need some novice instructors for the Saturday as well - raw beginners for the most part etc.

Let me know.

Looking forward to a bunch of runs this coming weekend!   Two days in a row!  And, yes, we run rain or shine (actual forecast and conditions forecast will continue to change until the day!  hahaha).

Reijo

Tom M

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
  • I'm New Here
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed for Friday and Saturday - set up and schools.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »
Reijo

i will help with the schools on Saturday May 13

Tom M

SKI-R

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:09:36 AM »
Friday p.m. help (with truck if you need/want), just post where and when - I'll be there.
‘09 128i = #28 STX

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 11:52:43 AM »
thanks guys ... and, yes, we can use the truck.  Mine is down right now.

Apparently the Calgary Police Service has the lot until about 3:30 -4 pm so we can set up thereafter.

We could meet at the Public Storage at 90 Country Hills Landing NW at 3:30 pm if that works (tentative - will confirm here with everyone coming to help).   From Deerfoot take the Airport Trail/96 Avenue turn-off and go west about 3-4 km., go past Harvest Hills Blvd (traffic light) and turn left (south) at the first opportunity and then one block south to the T (Public Storage will be directly in front of you), turn west and the entrance will be right there on your left.

Map attached.

Reijo

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
I have lots of free time right now, count me in as a rookie helper.

John

JulieT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 01:06:08 PM »
I can help Friday. No truck though.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 03:59:22 PM »
Great!   If worst comes to worst, we can always make an extra trip to the storage ... only about 4 km. away ... quick and not much traffic on 96 Ave. to the Public Storage.

Reijo

JCS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 05:12:53 PM »
Hi Reijo,

Unless my poor car is still in getting the new pads installed, I should be available to help.  I could meet you at the lot around 4-5?

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 08:44:39 AM »
Hi Reijo

Once again thanks for all that you do in our club. I can help out on Saturday with the novice school. What time would you like me there ? I wont be running my car on Saturday but will on Sunday
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »
Hi Reijo

Once again thanks for all that you do in our club. I can help out on Saturday with the novice school. What time would you like me there ? I wont be running my car on Saturday but will on Sunday

Thanks Terry!  And, yes, we can use some help with the novices and it is appreciated!  Basically we want to give some background information and get them pointed right from the get-go.....so some basics of rules, tire pressures, footwear, size of numbers (I'd like to get this under control in the club ... some numbers are too hard to read ... especially with the painter's tape.    let's make them all regulation sized (number should be 1.25" stroke and 8" (200 mm) high, Class letters should be 4" tall) and they should NOT be on the windows as per the rules.  The colour of numbers/class lettering should also contrast with the paint so they are readable and be on BOTH sides of the car.  Corner workers and timing need to be able to read them., preparation (e.g. what do you need at an event - a good tire pressure gage, pump, clothing, umbrella etc). ... and so on.   I have started a Word document on this.....see if I can get it done in time ... All the basics .... and shall we say the anatomy of a solo/autox event.

Reijo

Reijo

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »
What time do you want me there, Im driving down from Red Deer, 8.30 would work for me

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 09:38:11 AM »
That would be fine.

Dan O'Byrne is the Novice Coordinator so you'd be working with him and hopefully a few others willing to help out like Tom M.

Probably one of the first things would be a novice walk of the "big" course for the Practice.   There will be a novice course separate from the Practice course (lot to the NE - approx. 325'x725') that will have some typical elements such as a 3-cone slalom (Chicago Box), G-circle, long slalom, lane change, etc.

Reijo

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 10:12:14 AM »
That would be fine.

Dan O'Byrne is the Novice Coordinator so you'd be working with him and hopefully a few others willing to help out like Tom M.

Probably one of the first things would be a novice walk of the "big" course for the Practice.   There will be a novice course separate from the Practice course (lot to the NE - approx. 325'x725') that will have some typical elements such as a 3-cone slalom (Chicago Box), G-circle, long slalom, lane change, etc.

Reijo

Sounds good

S2000 Adventures

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 11:45:11 AM »
Is there a course map that is available to be viewed ahead of time?

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »
Not yet .... just finished the design and am printing them out ... setup later ... but I also have some work to do. ... perhaps later.

There won't be one for Sunday until Sunday morning ... or rather Saturday late afternoon (we will be setting up the Sunday course on Saturday afternoon after the practice and school is over so you can get a copy and walk the course then.     

R

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11445
  • Total Topics: 1570
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9