Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:14:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: How does SASC define novice eligibility?  (Read 1405 times)

Bitters

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
How does SASC define novice eligibility?
« on: May 16, 2017, 12:49:04 PM »
The msreg novice checkbox is fairly vague, referring to 'two years'. I am wondering if it is meant to cover 'seasons' or if is specific to when you started within a season.

So, using myself as an example...my first event was August 2016. For 2017, I get labelled as a novice. What about 2018? Do I continue to label myself a novice despite having events completed in 2016? Do I label myself novice only until August 2018? If so, am I eligible for any novice awards in 2018? Or, does the novice label refer to 'two seasons' which would only grant me eligibility for 2016 and 2017?

Thanks,
Jared

Stuart

• Do Everything
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Racing
Re: How does SASC define novice eligibility?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:10:49 PM »
I don't have a definitive answer for you but I can provide a bit of club history.  Between SASC and CSCC there has been a fairly consistent history of competitors voluntarily withdrawing from novice competition once they are generally competitive with the rest of the club.  This has often been after their first full season and has been viewed as helping encourage the raw novice drivers as they are then only competing against other drivers who are just learning the ropes.  Having said that, it is still a personal decision on whether you feel this is the right move or not and you should not feel pressured into it by any means.  Hopefully someone will be able to clarify the letter of the rule for you as well.

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »
I agree with what Stuart said completely.

If you've done one or two events a year for say three years I think calling yourself a novice in year four is still reasonable.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 02:55:17 PM »
For what it's worth, Paul T ran as novice the past two years, and often was in the top 10 or 15 overall during this time.  I think you have every right to stay in Rookie for this season.
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

PaulT

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 05:24:35 PM »
G man is correct I started with the SoloPro school in May 2015 and did almost every SASC and CSCC event that year and again did the same thing last year.
I asked at the beginning of last year whether I was still a rookie and was told to check that box. I agree with the other for what it's worth, 20 or so events would equate to 2 years of driving IMO. Paul
PaulT #202

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 08:04:55 PM »
G man is correct I started with the SoloPro school in May 2015 and did almost every SASC and CSCC event that year and again did the same thing last year.
I asked at the beginning of last year whether I was still a rookie and was told to check that box. I agree with the other for what it's worth, 20 or so events would equate to 2 years of driving IMO. Paul

And as a result you are driving well?  Go figure, eh?    hahaha   :)

Reijo

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11443
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 9