Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:50:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: A triumphant return?  (Read 3865 times)

Rad_Racer

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
A triumphant return?
« on: May 29, 2017, 02:36:01 PM »
Hey guys, I'm not new to autox, but just joined SASC recently. It's been about 3 years since my last autox event (daughter was born around then, so my free time has drastically declined). I have a 2015 STi that originally I planned to keep in BS, but since I so rarely get out to events, I kind of went off plan and now it's hilariously unprepared in STU. But whatever... I'm still on the stock tires anyway, so not like it'd be all that competitive in any class at the moment! Anyway, I'll be at the YYC event on June 18th, so hope to see a bunch of you there!

Also, I just registered for a SASC membership last week, but haven't had any follow up with a member # or anything -- does that usually take a bit of time? Just want to make sure I have everything I need when registration for June 18 opens.

Thanks!
Wray S

K.P

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
Re: A triumphant return?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:10:04 PM »
Hi Wray,

Welcome back and make sure you register as soon as possible for the upcoming YYC event. I wouldn't be surprised if this one fills up completely.

Just a heads up, if you have tuned your STI with an off the shelf map (Cobb Stage 1, etc) you will actually be in Street Prepared. As June will be your first event of the year you will need to get a Tech sticker that is good for the entire 2017 season. At this time someone will help ensure your car is classed correctly.

Apex Carver

• Global Moderator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • I Drive Like I'm New Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »
Welcome back Wray!

Your membership card is on its way via snail mail so it may take a couple more days. I was out of the country last week so I didnt have a chance to send any membership cards out last week so there is a short delay on them right now. Typically I get those cards out after 1-2 days after you sign up on msreg.
Chris S. #86

Rad_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 06:20:41 PM »
Just a heads up, if you have tuned your STI with an off the shelf map (Cobb Stage 1, etc) you will actually be in Street Prepared.
Aw, seriously? I thought STU allowed for some engine tuning. Either way, I won't be class competitive but that's still a bummer haha

K.P

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »
Aw, seriously? I thought STU allowed for some engine tuning. Either way, I won't be class competitive but that's still a bummer haha

It does allow for some very specific tuning and tweaking. Unfortunately, increasing boost levels via mechanical or electronical means is not one of them. If you do get really serious having a custom tune that does not exceed OEM boost levels is allowed.

Rad_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. I expect that if time allows me to get back into it more regularly, I'll take a few mods off to stick in BS, but for now I'll just enjoy as it is :)

And Chris, thanks for sending my membership info!

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11444
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 10
Total: 11