Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: June 4 Fort Macleod scores  (Read 2565 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
June 4 Fort Macleod scores
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:31:46 PM »
Today's scores:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGYjltdTlFOHBnY00

Today was scored as the best run of the first 3 runs.  The timing gear got smacked early in the afternoon, and unfortunately, the backup gear failed to function.  I do apologize for this; I obviously didn't test it recently enough :(

Updated overall scores:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGb0JndGFYOEpqNDQ

The overall scores do not yet have the Red Deer results, but I will get them out as soon as I get the data from Chris.

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
Re: June 4 Fort Macleod scores
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
Thanks for the always-quick update Murray.  I e-mailed Chris to see if he can send you last weekend's data; poor guy is trying to move house and probably quite busy.

What a day, between cones, DNFs, and at least 3 spins!  Everyone was pushing hard.  Whoever designed the course, I thought it was really a fun one.  Had a nice rhythm. 

Cam, I think you asked me about July event cone hauling and my brain thought you were talking about June.  Send me the info, I should be around in July.
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

Robp201

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:08:02 PM »
BAHAHAHA 3 DNF's....
I can't even post the videos cause way too much swearing after I went the wrong way   Then my first afternoon run was so good till I seen red flags and lots of dust from the lotus.
Still an awesome day was had and we sure lucked out on the weather!!!

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »
Yup - that course was a monster.  Nice work Reijo.   I really learned a hard lesson today - get your course walk in above all else!! I haven't ever been that lost on a course!  Sometimes the eye candy is lots of redundant cones...sometimes there are just a few cones and their placement makes the whole pattern disappear.  I'm still driving it in my head!
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

jordan13

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »
My apologies for the coolant leak on the course, turns out the thermostat housing ruptured again. This seems to be a weak design on this engine, the same thing happened a year ago so it wasn't an old part. It was a great day before that, fun course design really enjoyed my first runs on the new RE-71Rs. Thanks to all who had to sand and sweep up.

kaho

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 10:30:49 PM »
The course was fun. The slalom right before the sweeper over the "4" on the runway got me every run. I swear I was about to careen through that wall of cones into the line-up of cars waiting.

Glad you got the issue sorted out Jordan. Must've felt like the world was going to end on you that moment.

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 06:31:25 AM »
Any chance of getting the afternoon fun run scores in a separate file - I was sure I had the course figured out after my ride along with Jeff in the morning but still DNF'd my third run and would like to see if my afternoon runs were any better.

Thanks, John

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 07:01:36 AM »
Sadly, what you see is what is available.

We were running the display manually, and this worked fine.  However, the timing software seems to have quit saving the data from the point where we went manual.  Probably a software bug :(
2017 Miata (C Street)

Myz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 12:41:23 PM »
Can somebody explain to the Golf guy that you don't win anything for hitting the most number of cones? ;D ;D ;D
Sorry to the marshals for making you guys pick up cones so often.
If you're quicker than your previous run, you're already a winner.
Apex Detailing|Golf 7R|Excalibur Performance

nnywg

• :|
  • My car is not a car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 02:42:34 PM »
Can somebody explain to the Golf guy that you don't win anything for hitting the most number of cones? ;D ;D ;D
Sorry to the marshals for making you guys pick up cones so often.

Well, you can get the top of the Cone Count list.  But with 8 cones you're still off from the top cones-per-event by a ways.  Some guys say if you're not hitting cones, you're not trying hard enough.

I was in the slalom with Ivan just before the big lefthand sweeper for the first run group.  At least every second car nailed the second last cone there.  Roughly 60 runs completely destroyed 3 or 4 cones, and we had to get more spares.  So it wasn't just you!
Accidental collector of oddball Toyotas, Truck Racer, and Nürburgring veteran.
#tetanustruck on IG

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
Sadly, what you see is what is available.

We were running the display manually, and this worked fine.  However, the timing software seems to have quit saving the data from the point where we went manual.  Probably a software bug :(

No worries, I'll just have to continue believing that my 3 afternoon runs were in fact faster and cleaner than my morning results show.

Anyone get any feedback from the guy in the airplane, curious if the roll was his way of giving us a thumbs up or a thumbs down (or maybe he was getting a couple of photos of the event?).

John

ZiG

• Locost 7 #303
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:20:46 PM »
I didn't see him until after he passed over but if he dipped a wing it's considered a salute.

JCS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 08:45:15 PM »
Lots of fun even if only few laps.  I must of walked that first part 4 times in the morning and watched entire first group.  Didn't get lost once for a change.  My.issue on last few events is no improvement between runs.....need to get more aggressive perhaps .

This was last run in the morning and ran real wide on last corner before finish

https://youtu.be/Vn855D0YJ98

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 10:10:08 PM »
I didn't see him until after he passed over but if he dipped a wing it's considered a salute.

He did a full roll when he was climbing after the low pass.  I figured he was just showing off (cool though).
2017 Miata (C Street)

Myz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »
Well, you can get the top of the Cone Count list.  But with 8 cones you're still off from the top cones-per-event by a ways.  Some guys say if you're not hitting cones, you're not trying hard enough.

I was in the slalom with Ivan just before the big lefthand sweeper for the first run group.  At least every second car nailed the second last cone there.  Roughly 60 runs completely destroyed 3 or 4 cones, and we had to get more spares.  So it wasn't just you!
Thanks. That made me feel much better.
This is by far the most cones I've hit on a single day.
Heck its more than I've hit over a few months worth of events too. LOL

I'm hoping i can iron out my suspension settings before this weekend.
If you're quicker than your previous run, you're already a winner.
Apex Detailing|Golf 7R|Excalibur Performance

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11444
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12