Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:36:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Cdn Nats Results and updates  (Read 5963 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Cdn Nats Results and updates
« on: June 23, 2017, 06:42:08 AM »
Well, this begins today with a practice course etc. and actual competition tomorrow morning and through Sunday. Sadly I can't make it this year. But we'll cheer on our locals who are going or already there!

Murry and Jo Peterson - CStreet, Doug Campbell DSP, Cam and Jess W. in AStreet, Ryan, Chris S. in BStreet, Wayne D. - DStreet are ones I can think of off the top of my head ... have to look for scoring and such on-line at the VCMC link ... not sure if they have live scoring though.

Others from here are Alan Rae in his Caterham - DM, Doug Knight DStreet, Nick HStreet (even though he moved to Vancouver last summer I think we can consider him to be a Calgarian.  :)  ), Tom Kerns, SM from Edmonton who has been running with us quite a bit over the last few years (blk GTR last weekend), and Sera and Richard Bonham in the FStreet BMW M3.

PaulT

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Canadian Nationals Results and updates
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 06:55:59 AM »
Go YYC Go, good luck to all our Buddies out there! I'm sure we will see some trophies come east.
PaulT #202

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »
Oh, I see I missed the Crowders in the B-Mod yellow formula car from Sherwood Park.  They blew over last weekend here at 93 db.  Hope they have the car quietened down because I just noticed that there is a 92 db limit over there!  That is pretty quiet ... and at an active airport I'm pretty sure that is not necessary.

BrianHemming

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »
I doubt there will be any live online timing.  - there isn't usually.  You'll likely have to get your updates from someone onsite.... They often take 3 or 4 days to post results  :-X

As far as sound..... Yes it's a big deal.  Pitt Meadows has had noise complaints from the neighbours since the beginning.  There have been times where we've been shut down and told no more autocross.  Persistence had paid off, but it's still a touchy subject.  Some of the planes are unbearably loud, but the neighbours argue that 8 hours straight of car noise is not ok

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
Well, for any of our colleagues on-site, news would be welcome!  Let us know how the competition is going etc.   :)

TIA,

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 03:30:16 PM »
Cam is leading from this morning by a 1/10th in overall PAX (which determines the Cdn. Champion) and Richard B. is in 3rd place.  I see Ryan C. is in 10th ... wonder if it is a bit of a point-and-shoot course which favours torque?

Anyway, Cam (thanks Cam!) sent me some results from this morning with the afternoon runs about to start (see attachment).

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Cdn Nats Results and updates
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »
From Doug Campbell on FB:

Cam Withell extended his lead in the afternoon. Mustang GT close behind, but Clive Bottomly developed a mechanical issue with his C7 Vette, and had to co drive another A Stock car. Bad tire sensor - limp mode ):-(

ZiG

• That cone is still in the box!
  • Locost 7 #303
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 07:35:35 PM »
Bad tire sensor - limp mode ):-(

Wow, that's a thing now eh..

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 09:21:41 PM »
Cam has extended his lead and Ryan ran FTD PAX this afternoon according to Cam.   Richard dropped off a bit into 7th, Murray has jumped up (leading in CS by the way) etc.

Good job everyone!

Results are all here for Day 1:
http://www.vcmc.ca/forum/showthread.php?16085-Day-1-Results&p=102953#post102953

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 11:11:54 PM »
Doug mentioned that there is some dispute with Dan Bullis in BS about a cone ... looks like he coned his best runs in the morning and afternoon according to the results ... Have to wait to hear what the story is there.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 02:23:32 AM »
I was running timing when the cone call in question happened.  Visually, the guy running the radio (and other people as well) saw Dan hit a cone, but the call came in against the car before him.  Unfortunately, the car nymbers sound much alike --59BC vs 69 BS.  I think that they are looking for in-car video to help decide who hit the cone.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 02:28:28 AM »
Murray has jumped up (leading in CS by the way) etc.

I am fairly happy with my driving so far, but the pax results just aren't there.  At this point, I just hope to survive the heat tomorrow.  No sprayer, so I will have to put down my best run on my opener -- the Bridgestones aren't happy in this heat.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 04:55:01 AM »
I was running timing when the cone call in question happened.  Visually, the guy running the radio (and other people as well) saw Dan hit a cone, but the call came in against the car before him.  Unfortunately, the car nymbers sound much alike --59BC vs 69 BS.  I think that they are looking for in-car video to help decide who hit the cone.

The numbers 5 and 6 also have a similar shape and could have been mistaken.

But if more than one person saw him hit the cone, then that should be the end of it.

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 04:57:21 AM »
And, Dan has been around long enough, that is there had been a cone down from the car before him, he would have stopped.

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 05:16:36 AM »
Murray has jumped up (leading in CS by the way) etc.

I am fairly happy with my driving so far, but the pax results just aren't there.  At this point, I just hope to survive the heat tomorrow.  No sprayer, so I will have to put down my best run on my opener -- the Bridgestones aren't happy in this heat.

No sprayer?  Yep, you have a problem... been there done that ... 2005 - Packwood.  I drove better each run but kept getting slower.  That's why your PAX is off.  I don't think I have to tell you that was a mistake.

They have Home Depots etc. in the area, why don't you buy one  or borrow one?  Get Cam or someone to bring it back.

R

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11