Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Things I learned while in Red Deer today....  (Read 1164 times)

Robp201

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Things I learned while in Red Deer today....
« on: July 08, 2017, 08:24:56 PM »
What a great day!!
Things I learned today...
1. stopping for a wedding is more important then us losing the facility and everyone was very understanding for the short break we had to encounter (ok two breaks but not our fault lol )

2. They sell Ice cream sandwiches in the Ag arena just in the back for a $1.50!!!!! (Found out at the very end   ;D ;D)

But what was really cool was going for lunch today with Paul T. to the Burger Baron and meeting the original owner that started the Baron business back in 1967 I believe he said.....
He was such a kind hearted soul and funny as all heck. The signs he had up in his restaurant are priceless. He was so proud of what he started and had accomplished.
The food was amazing, yes just a burger but a good home made burger that was definitely on the list of repeat visits!
So when up there next stop in there for lunch.

Huge thanks to everyone who attended and helped set up! Was a fabulous day!!

zero10

• View Profile
Re: Things I learned while in Red Deer today....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 08:42:40 PM »
Sorry again about the double stoppage.  I checked in the morning and was told 11:30-12:30 and 3:30-4:30 for the 2 weddings.  I checked again at 11:30 when we saw no cars there, and was told yup, still 11:30-12:30.  I checked again at 12:00 when we still saw no cars, and yup, again, 11:30-12:30.  Finally at 12:30 we see cars showing up and checking an extra time we are told 1:00-1:45... sigh.
Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast.  Lot rentals are VERY hard to come by, unbelievably hard, so we can't do anything at all that may jeopardize our ability to use the lot in the future, no matter how annoying it might be.

I really REALLY appreciate how cool everybody was about it, and I think bumping the afternoon up to 5 runs so that everybody got at least 3 uninterrupted runs was a good way to handle the challenge.

Thanks everybody for coming out and I hope everyone had a good time!
2016/2017 CSCC Autoslalom Director

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »
No problem ... .it was a pleasant day ... although a bit hot in the sun.  The ice water and brew afterwards helped with the meal!   :)

xr7bill

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
It was a great day all in all, some things we just have to except.

thanks to all involved.

Bill

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0