Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Packwood Pro Solo - July 14-16  (Read 5238 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Packwood Pro Solo - July 14-16
« on: July 14, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
We have some of our locals running down there.  Live scoring and broadcast,run orders, entries and all kinds of other information is available here:

https://www.scca.com/events/1986572-2017-tire-rack-packwood-prosolo

They will have test starts today and maybe even a short coned course (seems to be becoming a "thing" ... a good idea I think).  Competition begins Saturday morning and continues through on Sunday with the shoot-out Challenges etc. on Sunday afternoon.

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Packwood Pro Solo - July 14-16
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 11:20:23 AM »
Locals include Ryan/Wayne/Tom in BS, Jay/Ambrose in SS and Orieta in L2 (SS).

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »
Looks like all our people are running in the first heat .... looks like some cone trouble for Ryan in the 1st heat and one DNS ... not sure what is up but Wayne did all his runs.  Jay and Ambrose via lack of entries ended up in the Bump1 (B1) class.  Orieta only got one run ... 3 DNS's ... and that is the 1st heat ....
(12:15 local time now).

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »
Think the day just ended - about 6:10 pm our time.  Ryan is about 0.5 sec. in the lead over Muller and Bullis is after that ... looking good!  6th in PAX as well.   Check out 5th in PAX (overall Pro Solo PAX - which is different than the Rick Ruth PAX for solo).....Scott McHugh ... in his '13 Accord.  LOL

Appeared to be quite a bit of cone trouble out on the course ... maybe someone from the site will clue us in as to what was difficult about the course?

R

BrianHemming

• Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:47 PM »
I'm hearing "crappy course - really tight.  Everything is a late apex".

The number of ES cars at the top of pax 1-4  would support that.

Scott McHugh always races that accord at pros.  Thinking outside the box and taking advantage of the launch advantage over most HS cars

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:48:45 AM »
Scott's car choice unfortunately isn't because of any perceived advantage. The Accord was his daily driver when his longtime codriver, Tom McDaniel, passed away unexpectedly. Scott's pretty open about the fact that the Accord wouldn't be his choice for an HS car.

The Accord is powerful by HS standards, but if you look at the 60' times, he's only gaining a tenth at the lights, if that. He's placing where he is due to talent, not car choice.
Stephen Hui

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 09:33:55 AM »
Scott's car choice unfortunately isn't because of any perceived advantage. The Accord was his daily driver when his longtime codriver, Tom McDaniel, passed away unexpectedly. Scott's pretty open about the fact that the Accord wouldn't be his choice for an HS car.

The Accord is powerful by HS standards, but if you look at the 60' times, he's only gaining a tenth at the lights, if that. He's placing where he is due to talent, not car choice.

Yes, I have known both Tom and Scott for a long time and been friends with them for over 12 years and hence why I laugh at how Scott does with a very unlikely car!  He has won Nats and Pro Solo Finale before so he is very capable for sure ... just hasn't had the right tires or car all the time.

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 09:35:12 AM »
Another interesting fact:  Scott is running the Nexen tires on his Accord.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »
Speaking of whom ... Scott has one more run left and has a little over 0.5 sec. lead.

Ryan is also running and has picked up the pace again this morning and has the same gap more or less as yesterday - 0.5+ sec. ... looking good for Ryan to win .... one more run.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 09:39:04 AM »
Oh.....Tom Kerns just jumped into 3rd place over Bullis just now!   Good one!   Whoa!   Now 2nd ... but Mueller has his runs to go .... and Ryan dropped some more time ... 0.8 sec. lead ... really looking good to win I'd say ... putting on the pressure on the others.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »
Mueller DNF'd and coned his right side runs so even though he is only 0.066 behind Tom I'm not sure he's going to make it.

Another battle to watch is Monty Pack and Ambrose in B1 both in GT3's .... Monty just dropped a bunch of time on one of his runs and got into 3rd place in the Bump 1 class (B1) ... Ambrose is one out of thr trophies with a run to go......It is possible.

Ambrose went faster but is 0.1 out of the last trophy spot (4th) behind Glen Hernandez ... close ... ever so close! ... correction ... there was a cone on the last run for Ambrose ... so actually 0.3 behind 5th/Glenn and 4th is the last trophy spot.....

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 09:54:06 AM »
Ugh ... Lorin Mueller did improve enough on his last run to take 2nd back from Tom K by 0.020 sec.  Did not think he would ...     :(

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 09:55:53 AM »
So congrats to Ryan for winning BS by 0.743 over Mueller in a Ford RS!  This is still unofficial, of course.

Wayne is running now ... and Jay will be coming up right away as well .... hoping to improve their standings too I'm sure.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
Wayne just improved on both of his right side runs enough to overtake Richard Arienzale of Victoria, BC by a couple of tenths ... broke into the 29's for the first time ... nicely done ... sitting behind Doug Mikko in another RS ...  Doug can be fast ... so not bad.

BS is quite a tight race ... trophy positions are tight with Ryan having the largest gap but then 5th through 9th is only about 0.6 seconds ... so you could say Wayne is in the midst of the battle!  Well done, Wayne!

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 10:01:40 AM »
Jay just fired off a couple of fast runs (2 to go) and jumped past Ambrose ... wow!   Well done for him!

Cone and a red light on the last two runs unfortunately so Jay sits 0.3 behind Glen H. in 6th with Ambrose 0.03 sec. behind him ... nevertheless a good drive for them both.

Looks like Orieta did not take her runs this morning ...

So a good performance for Ryan winning and Tom getting 3rd in the BStreet class.  Well done~

R

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14