Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for July 23, 2017 at Fort Macleod  (Read 3188 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Scores for July 23, 2017 at Fort Macleod
« on: July 23, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »
The computer was set to score single best run, so I scored the event that way.  Let me know if this is incorrect.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGaFN4NGFVdTY2WVE

Updated overalls (NOT using the new scoring method, so probably of minimal interest):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGOEE3VVNiOHc2dFU
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Bitters

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: Scores for July 23, 2017 at Fort Macleod
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »
This hopefully sorts out overalls with the NEW scoring method (using best 2 scores from each venue, and optional venue score for the 7th event).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw2q0QzrFxp_emdnbHBoQjU2bFE

Let me know if anything looks funny on it. At this point some of us may look further behind the pack if you don't have 2 scores at each event, plus 7 completed.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »
The computer was set to score single best run, so I scored the event that way.  Let me know if this is incorrect.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGaFN4NGFVdTY2WVE

Updated overalls (NOT using the new scoring method, so probably of minimal interest):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGOEE3VVNiOHc2dFU

The course was really long so it was impractical to do more runs ... (1.4+ km), so we decided to make it a single day event.  Otherwise you were scoring 2 runs in the afternoon ... and there were no changes to the course ... also a long course took more runs to master ...

R

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:30:27 PM »
Great track as always...but could someone turn down the HEAT out there!   
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:59:43 PM »
Great track as always...but could someone turn down the HEAT out there!

thanks!  But, yeah, that hot, dry wind was something else all weekend and hotter today ... not sure what it hit but the forecast was for 34C in Fort Macleod .... kept drinking water all day and I still felt like a prune!   :)

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »
Oh, heck, it "only" hit 33 deg. C ... hahahaha

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/last-24-hours/alberta/fort-macleod

'r

Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »
Oh, heck, it "only" hit 33 deg. C ... hahahaha

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/last-24-hours/alberta/fort-macleod

'r

LOL - we need a club kiddie pool filled with ice!  Cool the tires and the competitors.
1981 Volvo 242 GLT
1966 Volvo 122 (long term project)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 09:07:26 PM »
That is why Jo and I skipped this event.  We have been on the road for racing the last 10 weeks, and the last bunch were unbearably hot.  We decided to stay at home and stay cool for a change of pace :)
2017 Miata (C Street)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 01:03:50 AM »
I was wondering what happened to your two ... somehow it wasn't the same without you two there!   :)

R

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 07:20:35 AM »
... also a long course took more runs to master ...

I'll say, I was just hitting my stride at run #5, and I figure by run 15 I would probably have been competitive (or at least have had the return at the far end of the runway figured out).

Thanks to the guys who let my daughter jump in, she had a blast.

John

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:51 AM »
For those who missed it and for discussion purposes, here's the course map from Sunday.

I'm just curious what elements you found interesting, not so interesting, good, bad, ugly, fun, challenging or whatever other adjective you might think of.

For myself I threw in the 3-"eye-brow" Chicago box about 1/2 way down the runway and quite enjoyed that challenge.  I was never really sure exactly how fast I could go through there since it looked slower than it was.  I think I got it fairly nailed down but wasn't sure if I was as fast as I could have been .... A few more runs through it to experiment might have been useful I think. I was also surprised how much the course was on-off the throttle at the sweepers all the way to the end and back.....but found it fun and challenging.

R

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 08:34:04 AM »
For those who missed it and for discussion purposes, here's the course map from Sunday.

I'm just curious what elements you found interesting, not so interesting, good, bad, ugly, fun, challenging or whatever other adjective you might think of.

For myself I threw in the 3-"eye-brow" Chicago box about 1/2 way down the runway and quite enjoyed that challenge.  I was never really sure exactly how fast I could go through there since it looked slower than it was.  I think I got it fairly nailed down but wasn't sure if I was as fast as I could have been .... A few more runs through it to experiment might have been useful I think. I was also surprised how much the course was on-off the throttle at the sweepers all the way to the end and back.....but found it fun and challenging.

R

Those offset eyebrows from one edge of the runway to the other and then into the 3 eyebrow Chicago Box seemed to really trip people up (myself included) I saw more slides than I could count through there.

That was arguably the fastest finish we've ever had, I think Paul T in his 997 Turbo said he was crossing the line just shy of 150km/h and I had to be close to that also as I was well into 3rd gear.

Very challenging course for sure and definitely tough to stay focused for the full run especially towards the end of the day. I really need to clean things up, I think I hit 5 cones on my last run  :-\
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Bitters

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 08:48:49 AM »
I think I was still fighting being spooked from the big spin off I had at the last FM event... I hesitated too much when barreling into those transitions that faced the edge of the tarmac

JCS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 08:50:43 AM »

R

Those offset eyebrows from one edge of the runway to the other and then into the 3 eyebrow Chicago Box seemed to really trip people up (myself included) I saw more slides than I could count through there.

That was arguably the fastest finish we've ever had, I think Paul T in his 997 Turbo said he was crossing the line just shy of 150km/h and I had to be close to that also as I was well into 3rd gear.

Very challenging course for sure and definitely tough to stay focused for the full run especially towards the end of the day. I really need to clean things up, I think I hit 5 cones on my last run  :-\

I need more power.  But you've got a long way to go to catch me on the cone killer count for the series.  The swing from one side of the runway to the other was the only element that tripped me up and the first tight right hander coming out of the hair pin was costing me time too.  I'll try throw a video up and look for some feedback.  I feel like I left a good 2-3 seconds out there.  I even think maybe if I was less aggressive i'd be faster... a couple more runs I think I would of found it.  Still fun pushing the corolla as hard as I can.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 10:18:50 AM »
There are two radios missing, one small green one, and one large black one.
2017 Miata (C Street)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0