Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for July 23, 2017 at Fort Macleod  (Read 3190 times)

midship

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
  • may the g-force be with you ...
    • View Profile
Re: Scores for July 23, 2017 at Fort Macleod
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 10:51:22 AM »
For those who missed it and for discussion purposes, here's the course map from Sunday.

I'm just curious what elements you found interesting, not so interesting, good, bad, ugly, fun, challenging or whatever other adjective you might think of.

For myself I threw in the 3-"eye-brow" Chicago box about 1/2 way down the runway and quite enjoyed that challenge.  I was never really sure exactly how fast I could go through there since it looked slower than it was.  I think I got it fairly nailed down but wasn't sure if I was as fast as I could have been .... A few more runs through it to experiment might have been useful I think. I was also surprised how much the course was on-off the throttle at the sweepers all the way to the end and back.....but found it fun and challenging.

R

I enjoyed the course very much on sunday. As Jay and I were getting a feel with the new settings, the course offered challenging elements to bring the car to the limit at speed without dire consequences. (e.g. trimming the lawn on my first run  ;D) It just happened Jay and I needed that kind of course to practice as our car gets unhappy very easily at those large offset changes(no fault of the car) if we were too aggressive. So we were able tried out different driving approaches and refine our driving as the session progress.

I think the speed thru the elements was just right if one can get ahead of the course. The offsets were definitely tough as it setup to upset the car very quickly if one is rough on the input. A lot of throttle modulation practice too which was a plus for me!
Ambrose

Jackal

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 01:14:04 PM »
Thanks again to everyone organizing and setting up the event.

I just never felt like I got in my stride yesterday (not that my "stride" is much better than how I did yesterday). I'm not sure what it was about the course that I couldn't figure out. I DNF'd the first run and don't know where, as all the other runs seemed the same... with the exception of hitting every damn cone out there. The final kick to the pants was forfeiting my rerun, because my hood wouldn't latch! Really... a hood not latching?!

All in I still had fun, despite the sun burns and the poor showing on my part.
Light a man a fire you keep him warm for a night. Light a man ON fire you keep him warm the rest of his life.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 01:18:22 PM »
I think one of the aspects of the course was the length.   The exact distance is marked on the bottom right (1.4 km +) which is about 40% longer than a normal solo course.  That meant you had memorize about 40% more course than normal and I know it throws people (including me) off.  It is also much harder to have a clean run when you are essentially running at a "qualifying" pace!   

threeotwo

• 2020 Member
  • I have a Hoosier addiction...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »
There are two radios missing, one small green one, and one large black one.
I have the black one.
Cam
#192 AS Corvette

Bitters

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »
I think one of the aspects of the course was the length.   The exact distance is marked on the bottom right (1.4 km +) which is about 40% longer than a normal solo course.  That meant you had memorize about 40% more course than normal and I know it throws people (including me) off.  It is also much harder to have a clean run when you are essentially running at a "qualifying" pace!   

Haha, definitely guilty here - on the video of my fastest lap you can hear me say "@#$%! I'm lost!" at one point about 80% into the course.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 02:12:55 PM »
There are two radios missing, one small green one, and one large black one.
I have the black one.

Please bring it Wednesday evening -- I'll put it back with its nest mates :)
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

JCS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 02:58:41 PM »
My run.....I left time all over the place!!!!  I'm sure I could of broken into the 79's.  Of interest, if Paul was doing 150 into the finish, I couldn't get to 100!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfecx803xcQ&feature=youtu.be

John in Calgary

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 03:38:08 PM »
My run.....I left time all over the place!!!!  I'm sure I could of broken into the 79's.  Of interest, if Paul was doing 150 into the finish, I couldn't get to 100!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfecx803xcQ&feature=youtu.be

I definitely hit 100kph on the last run (or maybe two) -  the gear calculator at flyin miata says that my car should be at 59.8 mph when the rev limiter kicks in for 2nd gear and I was definitely hitting it as I came through the wall for each run during the day, so much so that I finally grabbed third on my 3rd morning run (and even grabbed third before the wall on my last run so I could continue to accelerate to the finish).  I'll never know how fast I really hit as there's no telemetry on my car.

John

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11