Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:09:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

7 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Test & Tune Day???  (Read 1163 times)

Myz

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Test & Tune Day???
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »
I may get flamed for this question but I'm wondering if there's any scope for a Test/Tune day to be held maybe in the coming year.
I was at the last practice day & I'm signed up for the next one but I find the format of the last day didn't leave time to actually "tune" anything more than tire pressures & even that was a tall ask if you had to make a substantial amount of adjustment.

In other words, if you weren't ready when it was your turn to go out, you'd have to wait until the grid marshall came back around & that could be a bit of a wait.
This meant, if I wanted to play with alignment settings (assuming i had the appropriate tools required) or even swaybar settings, I'd need more than 10min to make the change.
Ultimately, I may have had only 3 runs for the day & still not ideally set up the car.

Now I know this practice session is over & above what was originally set out for this season & I'm by no means ungrateful but I'm wondering if there's any value in looking for an alternate format which would allow drivers more time to make changes or even an alternate day with a smaller group of competitors that was focused on mechanical setup as opposed to honing in on driving skills.

Thoughts?
If you're quicker than your previous run, you're already a winner.
Apex Detailing|Golf 7R|Excalibur Performance

Midnightsky

• :|
    • View Profile
Re: Test & Tune Day???
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:12:53 PM »
I know it was talked about in another thread, the possibility of just having people lineup when their ready and go back to pit for making adjustments.  With the limited time on an evening event it makes it difficult to accommodate what your looking for.  There is full day practice events at the beginning of the season, perhaps there is room to make some adjustments to those events to better accommodate what your looking for?
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »
We do have test and tune events every year, with more of them in the beginning of the season.

I think that the only way to get a "perfect" test and tune event is to spend much more money, and arrange events with very limited attendance (10 people?).  Even more money would get you paid marshals :)

2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:03:20 PM »
It just means "missing runs" ... but that is what you want to do for setup and it could be done easily.  Just talk to the grid people as to what you are up to.  So I would say, change the focus to doing the changes and testing ... heck even set up a course for yourself in the lot to the NE.  Then you get exactly what you want.

R

Myz

• That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 11:35:35 PM »
thanks for the responses guys. I may take you up on the NE lot offer at the next practice event.
If you're quicker than your previous run, you're already a winner.
Apex Detailing|Golf 7R|Excalibur Performance

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11442
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 11
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7