Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Re: July 26 YYC Practice event is a go!  (Read 13422 times)

John in Calgary

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: July 26 YYC Practice event is a go!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 03:24:38 PM »
You are welcome!

And, here's a courses map - course 1:  Slaloms R Us.   Course 2:  Sweepers Creepers!

Note that there is nothing sacred about the designs and we can change them on the fly .... or even tie them together by crossing over at the top (west) to make one big course.  Maybe at the end of the evening?

:)

Reijo

Nice, I have to skip this weeks' practice (taking my youngest camping) but am a very interested maybe for the second one, keep me posted on what time you'll be heading to the storage locker for the August practice as I can still come early to help with setup.

John

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
Re: Re: July 26 YYC Practice event is a go!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
39 signed up.

Did we say we're capping it at 40 I thought?
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
I think there are like 4 spots left ... but might open up a few more spots ... because I think we'll all get more runs than we want.

R

Personally I'd like to keep attendance capped low (40) for the first one to see how an evening event goes, but that's just my $0.02
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 04:00:15 PM »
I think there are like 4 spots left ... but might open up a few more spots ... because I think we'll all get more runs than we want.

R

Personally I'd like to keep attendance capped low (40) for the first one to see how an evening event goes, but that's just my $0.02

Yes, I mentioned 40-50 in my email to the executive.  We are at 39 right now.  There might be a drop or two as well.

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »
And, I keep forgetting.

We need someone to volunteer to help by picking up at least one set of timing equipment from Murray (in Woodbine/SW) and bring it to the Wed. evening practice and then back to Murray's place after the fact.  I think Murray and Jo are around on-off during the day since he is retired.  Lucky guy!   :)

His MX-5 doesn't have room for two sets of equipment.

There is also the option of only doing timing on one course and not the other.

Reijo

xr7bill

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 06:37:16 PM »
I guess I am a tad late registering as the event is sold out according to MS Reg. Might still go for a look see though

Bill.

JCS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 10:28:37 PM »
yeh i just registered and got wait listed.  crazy.....

Midnightsky

• :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 10:46:35 PM »
I think doing one timed course and one non-timed course would be beneficial.  Gives the hardcores a chance to work on setups and see if its working while the more casuals can work on the basics without worrying about timing.  I see these events becoming very popular.
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 12:11:38 AM »
I just realized that we can't run two timing systems anyway.  The display boards run on the same frequency, and unlike Fort Macleod, we can't keep them out of each other's range.

So, a single timing system is all we can do, at least with respect to the displays.

I'll do a test fit tomorrow, but I believe I can fit the single system into the Miata.
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 12:15:47 AM »
I guess I am a tad late registering as the event is sold out according to MS Reg. Might still go for a look see though

Bill.

Get on the wait list ... could be some drops.

Reijo

FrozenMarzBar3

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 09:13:50 AM »
I ended up on the waitlist as well.... I suppose I should have paid more attention to the forums, then i might have known the registration was going to fill up as fast as it did.

Question for anyone who may know: I put my co-worker on the waitlist for the event this morning as well, but registered him as a non-member. It says on motorsportreg that his credit card was charged, and that he was sucessfully registered for the event?? ???

Also, what is the official cap for this event?
Cole M.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »
I ended up on the waitlist as well.... I suppose I should have paid more attention to the forums, then i might have known the registration was going to fill up as fast as it did.

Question for anyone who may know: I put my co-worker on the waitlist for the event this morning as well, but registered him as a non-member. It says on motorsportreg that his credit card was charged, and that he was sucessfully registered for the event?? ???

Cole and I "fixed" this situation this morning.  Somehow he got in but I put him back on the waitlist.

There may be a couple of drops whom I know of so hang in there folks and we'll see what we can do.

ALSO.   Does anyone want to use a G-circle for car set-up?    There is the extra lot to the NE that we can also use for testing purposes and would be a good place for a big circle.

Reijo

Bitters

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 10:16:02 AM »

Cole and I "fixed" this situation this morning.  Somehow he got in but I put him back on the waitlist.

There may be a couple of drops whom I know of so hang in there folks and we'll see what we can do.

ALSO.   Does anyone want to use a G-circle for car set-up?    There is the extra lot to the NE that we can also use for testing purposes and would be a good place for a big circle.

Reijo

Am I right in understanding that a g-circle would be good to find out optimal tire pressures? If so, then yes.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »

Reijo

Am I right in understanding that a g-circle would be good to find out optimal tire pressures? If so, then yes.

Yes, it is.   Setup 8-10 cones and you are good to go.

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »
I just realized that we can't run two timing systems anyway.  The display boards run on the same frequency, and unlike Fort Macleod, we can't keep them out of each other's range.

So, a single timing system is all we can do, at least with respect to the displays.

I'll do a test fit tomorrow, but I believe I can fit the single system into the Miata.

In that case, we should put the timing on the south/Slaloms R US course.  For the sweepers, you pretty much know when you lose time etc.   In slaloms it is not quite so obvious how much time can be gained by doing slaloms properly, and I'd like everyone to get a "feel" for that.....and to get slaloms nailed down as much as possible.  I have maintained for many years now that you cannot practice slaloms enough ... .and you will get slaloms in spades on the south course!   :)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10