Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Re: July 26 YYC Practice event is a go!  (Read 13414 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: July 26 YYC Practice event is a go!
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2017, 09:04:57 PM »
Point of interest about the Farmtek system -- it was at the absolute limit of its range that evening.  I have Yagi antennae on order, but they won't be here in time for the next event.  So, the course designer needs to keep in mind how far the start and finish are from the control unit in order to make it work.  Also, please add "timing" to the worker list; I had to work for 2 out of the 3 heats because nobody signed up to replace me.

Yes, I noticed a few key positions were missing and I filled in temporarily as needed.  I think there is a case to be made for bumping the registration to 60 so that we have enough workers and cars running for 2 heats (remember the min. 30 per heat we discussed earlier in the year).  The people will still get the roughly the same no. of runs we got last night.  I think I know why LA region limited their entries to 60 at their practices now ... because less than that they would have needed more workers.

Also next event I will likely be entered and running so I won't be around to fill in other positions as needed or even to see it for that matter.

A simpler course would also speed up setup (so we could get started on-time.  I did not do a proper course walk even ... and looked at the course from the truck as we drove it slowly in order to speed things up in setup) as well as a bit more help setting up the course.

The course on the side lot?  No one had time for that.

Maybe a single but more comprehensive course for the evening is best - less to learn, still lots of repetitions, less to set up ... I'll think of what to do for Wed. Aug. 9 ... have some ideas already.

R

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: July 26 YYC Practice event is a go!
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2017, 09:10:34 PM »
Hmmmm....or one really short/test course and longer more general course.   hmmm.....this could work.

Farmtech system on the small interior course ... maybe only go down 1/2 length of the lot ... and on the inside....that way the start and finish are close as you mentioned, Murray.

Robp201

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
Re: July 26 YYC Practice event is a go!
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2017, 08:56:02 AM »
Sorry I arrived late. I wasn't sure with work I'd be able to make it.
First time running the start position. Glad I could make it out to help out where needed. 

One thing I did notice was there was a couple cars without the tech sticker. Are we requireing  the sticker for practices as  well?

I should be able to make the next one to help where needed. ( busy time for boats so I never know my hours)

Thoughts on cars running, I did notice a few times the start was empty but seemed to be real smooth overall.

Thanks to all that made it out but a massive thanks for anyone who worked the slamon course section for all the running you did. That's so appreciated!!!! You guys sure had to work hard.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10