Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Street Class a no brainer  (Read 8100 times)

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
Re: Street Class a no brainer
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2017, 06:21:02 PM »
Are after market pedals legal in street?

There's no allowance in Street for aftermarket pedals. You could try arguing that they're a comfort and convenience item, but I'd expect you to lose that argument at a big event.

Given the concern about gearing and shifting, consider another option: an automatic transmission. Besides the increased ease of shifting, in the Camaro's case at least, the auto arguably has better great ratios. The downside is that auto cars often have softer suspensions or are otherwise compromised -- I'm pretty sure that's the case with the Mustang.

I know Ken drove a Boss 302 and didn't love it maybe I can convince him to get a 5th Gen 1LE ;)

What didn't he like about the Boss? It's the FS car that I have the most irrational lust for. :)
Stephen Hui

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »
After day 1 at nationals, top 5:

17' Camaro
15' Camaro
16' Mustang
17' Camaro
15' Mustang

First M3 is in 10th.

We'll see how different the course is tomorrow and if the standings get shaken up.

Are after market pedals legal in street?

There's no allowance in Street for aftermarket pedals. You could try arguing that they're a comfort and convenience item, but I'd expect you to lose that argument at a big event.

Given the concern about gearing and shifting, consider another option: an automatic transmission. Besides the increased ease of shifting, in the Camaro's case at least, the auto arguably has better great ratios. The downside is that auto cars often have softer suspensions or are otherwise compromised -- I'm pretty sure that's the case with the Mustang.

I know Ken drove a Boss 302 and didn't love it maybe I can convince him to get a 5th Gen 1LE ;)

What didn't he like about the Boss? It's the FS car that I have the most irrational lust for. :)

Yah fair enough.

His comments were: a very bland interior, weird electric steering, solid rear axle and overall the car didn't feel fast.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

K.P

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2017, 01:09:52 PM »

It's a shame the gentleman I was dealing with needed to unload his so quickly or I would have told you to give him a call. I passed on an outstanding deal, he offered me his car for what the dealership had offered him. If I didn't currently have the Miata I may have actually bought it despite how meh I found it. My logic was at the price I would have gotten the car for I could have driven it for a season and sold it at a small profit or broke even worst case. The best parts of the car were the Recaro seats and the V8 noise. Although I have a feeling it may have needed some help to pass our strict 93 dB requirement.

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2017, 11:41:15 PM »
After day 1 at nationals, top 5:

17' Camaro
15' Camaro
16' Mustang
17' Camaro
15' Mustang

First M3 is in 10th.

Actually, the leader is in an M3 although he's listed as driving a Camaro.

(Boss)

His comments were: a very bland interior, weird electric steering, solid rear axle and overall the car didn't feel fast.

Ken, could you feel the solid axle, or did you just not like it on principle? :) I've never driven one, so I have no idea how bad they are.
Stephen Hui

K.P

• 2020 Member
  • Only Hit A Few Cones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
Ken, could you feel the solid axle, or did you just not like it on principle? :) I've never driven one, so I have no idea how bad they are.

I can't definitively say yes. Driving the Boss was my first experience with a solid rear end. I didn't have a chance to push the car very hard, that said the rear end did feel more lively just driving around on our terrible roads.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11444
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10