Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Scores for August 26, 2017 (practise) and August 27, 2017 (championship)  (Read 2695 times)

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
    • View Profile
Thanks to Bill R for getting the timing gear delivered to me.  I see that someone spent $100 yesterday -- the case was full of little plastic bits :(

Saturday practise scores:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGUmxwS25sS0l1Wm8

Sunday championship scores:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGUkNQTDRyVFNJUVk

Updated overalls (not handling 2 events per venue requirement):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByeFbiNdvLbGOEE3VVNiOHc2dFU
2017 Miata (C Street)
Avatar photo courtesy of Ian Gulinao

Terry Johns

• :|
  • "It's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem"
    • View Profile
    • Solutions Life Coaching
Thanks Murray.

I think its clear that these big power courses make the PAX system a joke, although I loved the course (BEST EVER) the little Miata was totally outclassed by the big power cars.

In the end it was a great day, loved the course
Terry Johns #8. 2015 CS Miata
Car is reasonably competitive, shame about the driver

John in Calgary

• Administrator
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
I collected up everything I could find in the grass after the hit in the finish area (including a few bits from the car I handed back to the driver), interesting pile left at the end.

Bitters

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
Here is the updated overalls using the new scoring system:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw2q0QzrFxp_VVUxclN3NGtSMnc

FYI, it looks like Cam has clinched first overall PAX at this point. Tom G still has a chance to dethrone Cam in raw.

JamesTCallaghan

• If you aren't hitting any cones, try harder.
    • View Profile
Hi Murray I took a quick look and it looked like you had my score yesterday seperate from my other events so far this year in the totals?

Thanks

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
Hi Murray I took a quick look and it looked like you had my score yesterday seperate from my other events so far this year in the totals?

Thanks

Is your name identical to those other events?  The scoring system uses your first name + last name to identify you, so if you added an initial or something, then it thinks you are a different person.
2017 Miata (C Street)

JamesTCallaghan

• View Profile

Thanks

Is your name identical to those other events?  The scoring system uses your first name + last name to identify you, so if you added an initial or something, then it thinks you are a different person.

It should have been, the only thing is both my dad and I ran this event and we both have the same name, and there's no provision for middle initial on Motorsportreg.com account. That's the only difference I can think of between earlier events this year.

MurrayPeterson

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
You had Jr. at the end of your name.  I removed it, so this should be correct for you:

Did your dad compete at any other event this year?
2017 Miata (C Street)

JamesTCallaghan

• View Profile
You had Jr. at the end of your name.  I removed it, so this should be correct for you:

Did your dad compete at any other event this year?

Oh Cam probably added that at registration to differentiate, that's why. Only this event for my dad.

Thanks Murray.

PedalFaster

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
I think its clear that these big power courses make the PAX system a joke, although I loved the course (BEST EVER) the little Miata was totally outclassed by the big power cars.

On the contrary, if you'd held a gun to my head yesterday and told me I had to win PAX, but could drive any car I wanted, I would have chosen a Miata.

Corvettes and M3s make time on Miatas in acceleration zones, not in transitions. On yesterday's course, I spent maybe three or four seconds of each seventy-some second run at full throttle in the Corvette. (I don't track throttle on my data, but you can estimate just by listening to the audio in my video.) The rest of the time, me, Cam, Richard, both Toms, and everyone else in big, fat, powerful cars were bleeding time on index compared to smaller cars driven by hypothetical equal drivers.

Fun fact illustrating this point: at a practice a few weeks ago we timed our cars through slaloms, and Murray in his 155 hp Miata was going as quickly as Cam and I were in the Z06. Which, of course, meant that he was beating us on PAX by a wide margin through that slalom.

P.S. - Remember a few years ago when Cam would kill everyone at Fort Macleod in his underprepared (by CSP standards) Miata?
Stephen Hui

Terry Johns

• View Profile
Re: Scores for August 26, 2017 (practise) and August 27, 2017 (championship)
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 07:43:37 AM »

On the contrary, if you'd held a gun to my head yesterday and told me I had to win PAX, but could drive any car I wanted, I would have chosen a Miata.

Of course you would, Its all about the argument LOL

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 08:23:11 AM »
Thanks Murray.

James in the Catheram isn't what I'd call a big power car and just destroyed everyone in RAW time. Then again I don't know the power to weight ratio in that car.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »
Thanks Murray.

James in the Catheram isn't what I'd call a big power car and just destroyed everyone in RAW time. Then again I don't know the power to weight ratio in that car.

Light, small, low center-of-gravity ... and probably some good tires ... decent power too.
  Generally it gets around cones faster as a result of all those things.   :)
R

JamesTCallaghan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 08:53:50 AM »
Thanks Murray.

It's about 400HP/tonne, but a little worse Sunday because we had both people in the car each run so probably closer to 360HP/tonne which is still quite a lot. We also had Hoosier S80 compound tires and the car weighs around 1600lbs with both myself and my dad in it.

It's a very difficult car to drive I find in some respects and easy in others, I think an experienced 7 racer could easily have been 3 seconds or more quicker than me on Sundays course.

Terry Johns

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 09:26:11 AM »
Thanks Murray.

It's about 400HP/tonne, but a little worse Sunday because we had both people in the car each run so probably closer to 360HP/tonne which is still quite a lot. We also had Hoosier S80 compound tires and the car weighs around 1600lbs with both myself and my dad in it.

It's a very difficult car to drive I find in some respects and easy in others, I think an experienced 7 racer could easily have been 3 seconds or more quicker than me on Sundays course.

Once you start chucking the Caterham around it can start to feel very nervous and unpredictable.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11444
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 8
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0