Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: WCMA AGM - Leduc - Saturday, October 14  (Read 1608 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
WCMA AGM - Leduc - Saturday, October 14
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:16:57 AM »
2017 Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA) Annual General Meeting (AGM), Convention and Awards Dinner

Annual General Meeting and Convention Information

When – Saturday, October 14, 2017

Time - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Where – Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport, 8450 Sparrow Drive, Leduc, Alberta, T9E 7G4

Cost – FREE!

Registration – None

Event Schedule

8:30        Coffee

9:00        Welcome

9:30        Discipline Workshops – Race, Solo, Race Official

12:00     Break for lunch

1:30        Reconvene Workshops

3:30        Wrap-Up

Why You Should Attend – This is a great opportunity to spend time with your fellow competitors and officials/workers to discuss any rule changes you would like to bring forward, as well as to find out what rule changes are being brought into effect by WCMA.

Agenda Items – Please forward any agenda items for any of the workshops (Race/Vintage, Solosport or Race Officials) to me by no later than October 10, 2017.

Come on out to the 2017 Awards Dinner

Awards Dinner Information

When – Saturday, October 14, 2017

Time – Cocktails 6:00 pm, Dinner 7:00 pm

Where – Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport, 8450 Sparrow Drive, Leduc, Alberta, T9E 7G4

Cost – $40.00 per person

Individuals requiring a guest room must contact the Reservation Agent using the hotel’s direct line:  888-388-3932.  WCMA has a special room rate, so don’t forget to mention WCMA.

E-mail dinner ticket requests to sue@somedaysoon.ca.

Tickets will be paid for at the door (cash or cheque only).  Deadline for dinner ticket orders is Wednesday, October 11, 2017.

Please note that an email confirmation of your dinner ticket order will be done.  If you don’t receive a confirmation email from me, then we don’t know you are coming.

If you have any special menu requirements (vegetarian etc.) please let me know.

Let’s get out there and cheer for our 2017 Solosport and Race Champions and thank all of the track workers for their hard work this season – everyone deserves it!

Sue Wilson, Administrator

Western Canada Motorsport Association

Cell:  403-554-4211

Email:  sue@somedaysoon.ca

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: WCMA AGM - Leduc - Saturday, October 14
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:50:11 AM »
Bump ... WCMA AGM coming up and Sue needs to know if you are coming for dinner etc.

Please send her an email is you are coming out  sue@somedaysoon.ca

That way she will know how many people to plan for and also to be able to provide enough food for the awards dinner.

As mentioned earlier I'll be leading the Solo Workshop.  It's a great day of hanging out, lunch, dinner etc. and meeting some more people from elsewhere in the region and also about hearing the general status of motorsports in the WCMA (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta).

There will be a summary of the past year (awards for solo and race) and also planning for the next year(s).

So, it is an opportunity to learn more about the sport that we love.

The cost for the day is free but there is a charge for dinner.

So give Sue a shout if you are coming out.  Everyone is welcome.

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 01:49:49 AM »
*bump*

Tickets will be paid for at the door (cash or cheque only).  Deadline for dinner ticket orders is Wednesday, October 11, 2017.

Please note that an email confirmation of your dinner ticket order will be done.  If you don’t receive a confirmation email from me, then we don’t know you are coming.

Let Sue know if you are coming etc. 

The AGM is this coming Saturday ...

Reijo

kaho

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »
Can I just attend the meeting without a confirmation?

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »
Good question.  Yes.

Sue just needs the head count for the cooks/caterer to supply enough food for the banquet.

By the way, Leduc is right near the Edmonton Internation Airport just south of Edmonton and about 2 1/2 hrs (or slightly less from the north end of Calgary) drive north on hwy 2 in case anyone is wondering.  It is a pretty quick drive and traffic is not bad this time of year.

Reijo

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 09:56:59 AM »
Topics for the Solo portion of the workshop (afternoon - when we are placed in separate rooms .. .with coffee of course!):

Review of the previous years' minutes and items:  There is definitely stuff in there worth reviewing and working on - for instance venues.  We'll update the topics from last year.

We can also include new issues to deal with from individual clubs/places as well.

The safety aspects will be a seminar type of thing and there is lot to be covered there so I expect it will take into account course design/layout/restrictions (and what do the rules tell us), car preparation, vehicles not allowed to compete (high CG, poor condition, etc), safety stewards, working course, helmets ... and all the whys and hows related.  Lots of material there!

I will also include a short blurb on how to grow the sport.

So there will a bunch of good information for you to digest about the sport there!

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11433
  • Total Topics: 1567
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15