Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

6 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: FS - H Street '02 Focus SVT  (Read 1035 times)

SKI-R

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
FS - H Street '02 Focus SVT
« on: October 03, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »
Unlikely to have opportunity to participate for awhile and selling it will motivate me to finish a Volvo project!

So....

2002 Ford Focus SVT
252k kms and rising as I commute in it currently (timing belt due at ~260 k, parts will go with the car).
$3200

H Street prepped:

NEW in 2017...SVT springs, mounting hardware, Koni adjustables at all four corners, control arms, trailing arms, engine mounts, rotors and pads, front and rear endlinks, Eibach rear sway bar, MBRP stainless catback (horrible drone for commuting and I expect gains are less than the published 3 hp, will come with the stock exhaust as well).  New plugs and wires too.

Multiple sets of wheels/tires:

16" Sparcos (16lbs/, so not light, but better than the 19lbs OEM wheels) cloaked in RE71s (staggered tire sizing) with gobs of life still.  AND 6 additional RE71s at various stages of life, but all with plenty of tread still.  Need hubcentric rings when using these (no spacers since they're at max. offset already for class).

OEM 17" SVT rims with Nokian Hakkapalitas (on the car).  One rim is bent (holds air fine, would be ~$150 to have straightened), but balances and rolls fine.

17" Ford Racing wheels with Lexani rubber for the summer.  I'm not a fan of these wheels (heavy), or tires (loud), but they came with the car (and should probably be rebalanced).

Car runs well, burns zero oil and does great as a daily AND autocrosser.  It's NOT pretty: couple cigarette burns in the upholstery, poorly repaired driver's side fender, blemishes on the passenger rear fender and road rash on the front bumper from rocks and bugs.  OEM paint is peeling in a couple spots (mirror bases, fender wells and rear hatch - it's typical on these).  The only issue I know of is exhaust heat shield under the car starting to droop as attachment points fail (I'll get under there this week to try and address it).

I spent HOURS underneath it this spring cutting out old suspension parts.  All the new stuff went in with antisieze on it, so the frustration I went through should never recur.

The SVT was a legit hot hatch while it was produced, 170hp, 6 Speed manual and great handling.  In good hands it should push to crack top ten in PAX at local events, but it's never gonna outright win anything more than H Street!

I'll include my set up notes with the sale to help give the new owner a baseline to start from.

Thanks for a terrifically fun season and for reading through to this point.

Price is absolutely firm - $3200.  You'll find less expensive examples, but they won't be turnkey for autocross and you'd spend significantly more to get them there (there's probably $1000 in RE71s alone!).  Happy to finance for the right (young, new to autocross) driver!
‘09 128i = #28 STX

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11443
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 6