Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Sunday, October 1 - Champioinship #13  (Read 4256 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday, October 1 - Champioinship #13
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
Oh, yes, another part of the course that I found interesting and fun was in the afternoon course, where we shortened the left turn after that big first, opening up sweeper to the left ... getting high in 2nd gear with the S2000, backing off the gas and trail-braking rotated the rear to the right and then getting on the throttle lightly balanced the car (transferred weight to the rear wheels, thus giving them traction), much like a teeter totter is what it felt like).  Back off a bit at that point and weight would transfer to the front, giving the front more traction ... back and forth, finding that proper balance. .... good fun.   :)

Midnightsky

• :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 07:12:55 AM »
Unfortunately I had to choose between one or the other.  My tires are very close to the wear bars and I have yet to purchase winter tires so I cannot afford to wear these tires down any further.   But I had a great partial season and can't wait to jump in next season. 
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

Robp201

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:58 AM »
My tires are very close to the wear bars and I have yet to purchase winter tires so I cannot afford to wear these tires down any further.   

Pffft.... Wear bars... that means there's still tons of life, they are like the fuel gauge sure it says low but you got lots of distance still!!!
And if your gonna get winters why not finish these in style and cord them out lol

Midnightsky

• :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
My tires are very close to the wear bars and I have yet to purchase winter tires so I cannot afford to wear these tires down any further.   

Pffft.... Wear bars... that means there's still tons of life, they are like the fuel gauge sure it says low but you got lots of distance still!!!
And if your gonna get winters why not finish these in style and cord them out lol

I won't have winter tires until November and need these tires to last until then, corded tires don't get me to work, or back home.
2022 Subaru BRZ 2.4L WRB Betty
2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L SOLD

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11452
  • Total Topics: 1571
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0