Forum > Driving Discussion

Help With Ice Dice Set Up

(1/4) > >>

jl5:
Hey,

As some of you know I've picked up a BMW e36 328i sedan for Ice Dice and was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice on tire set up.

So far I've noticed a lot of people running narrow width rims and tires. Is the idea here to cut through the snow/ice? Anyone able to offer me an optimal tire size? What brand and model tire is good to run for this series? I would be getting them studded as well of course.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since this is my first season, thanks in advance!

94boosted:
Most folks seem to run a 10-20mm narrower tire than the stock size and a 1-2" smaller diameter wheel (to keep costs down and get a softer sidewall). The CSCC has some details on max studs per tire and stud size here: https://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/rallyx-news/2017-cscc-ice-dice-series/

As for brand you'll here a lot of different opinions, I'm a fan of some of the cheap brands on PMCtire like Weslake, Sailun, Champiro etc. some swear by the Hakka's

chairmanma:
I run a narrower tire with a smaller diameter wheel only because it's significantly more affordable. I would prefer a wider tire if price wasn't a consideration.

Midnightsky:

--- Quote from: 94boosted on October 20, 2017, 09:03:27 AM ---Most folks seem to run a 10-20mm narrower tire than the stock size and a 1-2" smaller diameter wheel (to keep costs down and get a softer sidewall). The CSCC has some details on max studs per tire and stud size here: https://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/rallyx-news/2017-cscc-ice-dice-series/

As for brand you'll here a lot of different opinions, I'm a fan of some of the cheap brands on PMCtire like Weslake, Sailun, Champiro etc. some swear by the Hakka's

--- End quote ---

I thought they disproved the Hakkis last year on the ice, if I remember correctly many were faster on other brands and the super amazing hakkis were getting beaten up left/right/center by the competition.  Now that being said the Hakki 9's are out now which come with some new improvements that may tip the scales back in their direction.

94boosted:

--- Quote from: Midnightsky on October 20, 2017, 02:19:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: 94boosted on October 20, 2017, 09:03:27 AM ---Most folks seem to run a 10-20mm narrower tire than the stock size and a 1-2" smaller diameter wheel (to keep costs down and get a softer sidewall). The CSCC has some details on max studs per tire and stud size here: https://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/rallyx-news/2017-cscc-ice-dice-series/

--- End quote ---

I thought they disproved the Hakkis last year on the ice, if I remember correctly many were faster on other brands and the super amazing hakkis were getting beaten up left/right/center by the competition.  Now that being said the Hakki 9's are out now which come with some new improvements that may tip the scales back in their direction.

--- End quote ---

They were allowed provided you left the studs it came with installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version