Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

8 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: YYC lot news  (Read 2071 times)

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
YYC lot news
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:20:33 AM »
YYC news:

1.  The good news:   We have a great course coming up on this Sunday - Sept 30.  And then we "may" have two events on Oct. 14 and 28.

2.  The bad news:  We have lost the lot for next year as of last evening.  There will be no events at YYC next summer.  We had hoped to host the Cdn. Nats at the end of June and I had booked June 21-23 already but that is now cancelled.

3.  The remaining 2 events in October may or may not happen and we will be given only 1 week's notice whether they can go ahead.

4.  The same goes for any winter driving events - at most 1 week notice.

Why?  It may be the Airport Trail project (or even a combo with another development?) that is being engineered as we speak from what our sources tell us and they might be beginning construction next spring ... 

We will have new information as the days go on and will share with you as we get it.

We knew this day would come at some point but it is still a bit of a shock.  However I have to say the people at Budget have been great to work with and I can hope that we can have the same with future venues!

Reijo Silvennoinen, SASC Solo Director

Apex Carver

• Global Moderator
  • That cone is still in the box!
  • I Drive Like I'm New Here
    • View Profile
Re: YYC lot news
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:38:31 AM »
Unfortunate news indeed, but we all knew this day was coming sooner or later. The executive will work as diligently as possible to look at options for 2019.

In the mean time we would like to ask that all contact with potential future venues should be routed through Tom/Myself so we can get the club materials together and ensure a consistent and standardized message when approaching potential new venues.  Please do not approach any potential site/venue owners although we do welcome suggestions for locations

Thanks

Chris
SASC Secretary

Chris S. #86

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11441
  • Total Topics: 1569
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 419
  • (November 15, 2018, 01:04:55 PM)