Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:58:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: BF Goodrich Tire Group Buy (Spec R)  (Read 3254 times)

Type_Yarr

• 2020 Member
  • That cone is still in the box!
    • View Profile
BF Goodrich Tire Group Buy (Spec R)
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:09:03 PM »
Hey all,

Kyle @ Spec R is willing to put together a group buy for BF Goodrich tires out of the US. For anyone looking for the Rival S, you may have found that no one in Canada is able to source them, including official BFG dealers. Kyle says he should be able to beat the TireRack retail price if we can get 4 or more sets of tires together on this group buy, with more discount depending on interest. The tires on the group buy don't have to be all the same size or even model, just BFG, so maybe if you have some off-road friends or something let them know.

If you're interested please contact him at Spec R Motorsports (403-397-1880, or https://www.specr.ca/contact-us)
Richard B

JamesTCallaghan

• If you aren't hitting any cones, try harder.
    • View Profile
Re: BF Goodrich Tire Group Buy (Spec R)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:30:20 PM »
It’s unfortunate that Tirerack is the only seller of the Rival S. Especially since certain sizes (315/30/18) don’t have much else for options.

94boosted

• Administrator
  • I don't hit cones. I cone the hits.
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:38:05 PM »
I thought I read some rumors of additional sizes coming later in March? Any truth to this? Curious as to whether or not a 305/30/19 will be available.
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Type_Yarr

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:04:09 AM »
Chad at Car Salon spoke directly with BFG. BFG is switching the part number for the rivals and says they don't have the part number yet (consistent with what you've read elsewhere). BFG also confirmed that they don't have any stock left of the old part number, and so the only existing stock is with vendors that have their own storage (ie. Tirerack, 1010, etc). The BFG rep said since they don't have the part number yet, expect that production won't start on the new part number until the end of 2018. The cycle is manufacture winter tires during the summer, and summers during the winter...
Richard B

94boosted

• Administrator
  • AutoX is SRS BZNSS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 11:32:43 AM »
Chad at Car Salon spoke directly with BFG. BFG is switching the part number for the rivals and says they don't have the part number yet (consistent with what you've read elsewhere). BFG also confirmed that they don't have any stock left of the old part number, and so the only existing stock is with vendors that have their own storage (ie. Tirerack, 1010, etc). The BFG rep said since they don't have the part number yet, expect that production won't start on the new part number until the end of 2018. The cycle is manufacture winter tires during the summer, and summers during the winter...

So no BFG's for this season  :(  Too bad I would have loved to try them back to back with Rivals Edit: RE71R's
Tom - #12 BS
2016-2018 SASC President
WCMA Director, Solosport

Type_Yarr

• 2020 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 11:46:45 AM »
So no BFG's for this season  :(  Too bad I would have loved to try them back to back with Rivals

Seems strange that BFG would lose out on a whole season of sales though. The rep may know what the typical production schedule is, but maybe the new Rivals will be a special early run or something.
Richard B

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 12:45:28 PM »
I agree ... sounds weird.  You might want to check south of the border with other autoxers to see what they are saying.  Sometimes stuff does not come to Canada.

My guess is that they would have stock or make some in the spring for the season and then just before Nationals, tire companies have been known to make another batch.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »
Saw this on roadraceautox.com from this morning:
 Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post

275/35r19 and 305/30r19 BFG Rival S part numbers and pricing are expected by the end of March. No production information has been given yet.
Thanks Chris!

When the part numbers hit, can we order at that point and just get in line for when they hit the distribution centers?
Yes - and you can cancel without penalty if needed.

Reijo

• Global Moderator
  • I know Karate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 12:59:54 PM »

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11454
  • Total Topics: 1571